Simple HT Question

I was out today and decided to pick up a component video cable for my DVD player. I hooked it all up when I got home, but now there is no audio on the TV. I don't have any Recievers/Sound Systems, just the TV speakers, so my question is...Do the Component video cables carry audio like the Composite (Y/R/W)?

Probably a dumb question, but I have no idea!

no, they do not. you still need to utilize the red and white cables to get audio as they are your left and right channel's respectively. think of your new component cables as your yellow cable split into 3.

yes they do, maybe you crossed one of the cables? i know when i bought a component cable it had the audio cables(R/W) held together by some band or something, while the 3 video were color coded. so maybe you crossed one of the red ones?

or, you connected the audio cables to the audio out on your tv?

:blink:

Alright, I'll go see if I can figure out how to use the audio cables, my component cables did not come with audio, but I have an extra one laying around.

Yeah, there was an audio input for the component input right next to it, plugged in the audio and it worked great.

Now I just have to go pick up a nice 5.1 surround sound system to use that digital out on my DVD player....

yes they do, maybe you crossed one of the cables? i know when i bought a component cable it had the audio cables(R/W) held together by some band or something, while the 3 video were color coded. so maybe you crossed one of the red ones?

585974354[/snapback]

component cables only handle video. You got a component video cable attached to stereo audio. The wires he has do not carry audio being there are only 3 connections. He got the extra wire though, so no worries.

585974354[/snapback]

Yeh buddy ^^ Component is only video ;) 3 cables because Pr Pb and Y which is Red Blue and Luminence (Y) Best color seperation because all signals are seperate green then comes from whatever is left