1. 1. Which Country?

• United States
    • UK
    • Germany
    • Italy
    • France
    • Japan
    • Other

Personally, I think that the best engines come out of Italy, but the engine isn't the whole car. Much more technologicaly advanced cars come out of Germany. Germany is also cranking out some beautiful, and very luxurious cars as well. My vote is for Germany.

my vote goes for Germany :)

Japan's car is just fairly cheap, their car can't compete with European Cars (IMO) i might be wrong :huh:

Japan's car is just fairly cheap, their car can't compete with European Cars (IMO) i might be wrong :huh:

586091108[/snapback]

I completely agree :D

This is a very broad question? Maybe something more specific would be appropriate.

Who makes the most reliable & well built cars?-Japan

Who puts the most power in the hands of its average Citizens?-USA

Who makes the most well balanced (this means drivers carswith regards to braking, handling) cars? -Germany

Fuel Efficiency? -Japan

Best Designs?-Italy

Top Speed full production cars?-Germany

Best Utility Trucks?-USA

Best SUV's?-USA/UK/Germany with the Range Rover, after all its FoMoCo Owned, UK Produced with the Bavarian 4.6 Liter engine. The best of all worlds! Now if it had a Japanese transmission, we would be set.

this can go on and on, but every nation's vehicles have its pro's and con's.

There is no such thing as the best cars

Different cars appeal to different peoples personalities and needs. Redundant questions like this are a laugh and a half. Your cars is only as good as you take care of it and that means:

-not driving like Mr. Wheeler ( See ole school Disney cartoon)

-knowing when to maintain your vehicle in the proper way(s)

I think the UK makes the best driving car, in the sense that it takes a real man/woman who knows how to drive, simply because we have TVR's and if your driving one of those without being respectful of its abilities it wil bite your bl00dy head off

so your saying that only real men and women live in the UK and that they are the only people who no how to drive..... :sleep:

edit---

after doing some research i finally found out that a TVR is a car, i assume, so your saying that UK makes the only true sports car :rolleyes:

well then i guess the corvette, mustang,ford gt, dodge viper are not real "men" cars in the US

so i guess your saying that a porsche,ferrari ,lamborghini,mercedes, audi, or BMW cant bite your "bloody" head off either :rolleyes:

Edited by Netrack

When most people talk about cars or countries for that matter, they dont consider what the majority has. The majority could be driving the best-selling car for 4 years in a row, or the best fuel efficiency. You can't take the Ferrari and Mercedes S class into account, as thats not what the average public in any country drive.

With that said, I dont think countries have anything to do with how their cars are made. For example, Toyota is Japan-based, but its 2 most popular and best selling cars (not to mention best selling for years in a row), the Corolla and the Camry are made all over the United States. I'm sure other cars from the Toyota lineup such as the pickups and suv's are made here too (someone correct me if not). Does that mean Japanese or American car makers are better? On the same hand, Ford has just had a massive bad-press on cars spontaneously bursting into flames.

I would have to go with the Japanese, because more-so than the germans, they really showed that a car can last 10+ years and not break down spontaneously. They showed that you don't have to "fix" your car that often. They created the competition in the united states that made the american manufacturers fear and improve their standards too.

^ very true and an excellent point, but i think what most people and myself included tend to think of german cars as inovative and generally ahead of the curves, they always make very beautiful cars (most of the time)

de germanz make de best carz.

even if the do have some reliability problems - the designs and engines, handling etc are very good.

Mercedes * Cough * is Dodge/Crysler

Land Rover * Cough * is Ford

And most top models are US made for alot of Japanese cars

but overall they make them to fall apart enough just enough where they can sell you replacement parts and gain gross from the service department

Quote: (Chris Rock)

"We can send a space ship to the moon but we cant make a cars where the bumper dosent fall the **** Off"

=)

I am a manager at Toyota and can back up the statement that Corolla and Camry are US made...

Also just cause Ford and Dodge are in bed with Europe dosent mean they dont make some models over there

So i would assume this question can change drastically dependent on the model not manfu

only the designs is made in italy, for example the ferrari, only the design is from italy

586092815[/snapback]

only the design?!? Have you an idea of what's a FERRARI engine?

However I think the best cars are from Germany and Italy for sure...even if today most of the brands really make very good models, sometimes wonderfull cars.

But the story and the tradition make sometimes the difference. :whistle:

Mercedes * Cough * is Dodge/Crysler

586092833[/snapback]

You've got that backwards. Diamler is the majority shareholder, and it is readily apparent in the design and specifications of the cars.