[Definitive] Metal Gear Solid 4

So far the most up to date news is with the IGN preview. Anything that I pilfer from this link is just repeating things, if anyone has any new information to what is on IGN please post the link and credit your source.

First three images on PS3 hardware

Imageshack

mgs414mc.th.jpg mgs428pa.th.jpg mgs437cz.th.jpg

(expect these to go down pretty soon)

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~alandaly/mgs41.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~alandaly/mgs42.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~alandaly/mgs43.jpg

Will try and keep this first post as up to date as possible

Figured it would be good to have a definitive thread to keep everything in one thread. Feel free to speculate, but please, no arguing or childishness.

So far we know these things for sure:

Metal Gear Solid 4 will appear on the Playstation 3.

Metal Gear Solid 4 happens after the events of Metal Gear Solid 2.

Metal Gear Solid 4 involves Solid Snake

Speculative:

Metal Gear Solid 4's main playable character is Solid Snake.

Big Boss is back (albeit probably as a clone - perhaps VR trained to 'turn out' like the original ? )

Another, bigger, more deadly Metal Gear robot will be present.

Links and Media

Officlal Metal Gear Solid 4 Website

IGN Movies and Trailers

Hideo Kojima Interview

E3 2005: Metal Gear Solid 4 Preview

Image flyer:

mgs4.jpg

From left to right:

Vamp

Meryl

Raiden (with a child)

Ocelot

Snake

Otacon

Big Boss

Naomi

My personal speculation about this game:

Big Boss is brought back to life, and the story centres around him and the Patriots - MGS3 I believe was meant as an introduction to MGS4, so that we knew what Big Boss went through, and why he turned out why he did in the first Metal Gear games - the world domination etc.

Edited by forster

G4TV 20-min interview with Hideo Kojima

IGN has a good article up covering everything they know about MGS4. Mainly a good shot at the characters featured in the poster.

Left > Right

Vamp

Meryl

Raiden

Ocelot

Solid Snake

Otacon

Big Boss/Uncertain

Naomi/Fortune/Uncertain

My guess at the story (and knowing how my guesses about MGS have been in the past, it'll be wrong :p)...

Big Boss comes back (unless he really died, then I have no clue) and tries to use Metal Gear/Arsenal Gear in an effort to create a world free of the Patriot's rule, while Snake/Ocelot continue their effort to rid the world of Metal/Arsenal Gear while searching for Olga's child

Where everyone else would fit in is beyond me

Edited by Acezo

Alright Forster, Here you go.

From left to right:

Vamp - Unknown - Gray Fox - Revolver Ocelot - Solid Snake - Liquid? Not Otacon because Otacon looks very different. - Big Boss - Olga Gorlukovich / Meryl Silverburg.

Gray Fox's face looks 1/1 with the one shown in Twin Snakes so iam sure.

The person on the left is definitely Vamp, as someone said the bullet hole is a dead giveaway and Grey Fox mentioned above ^ is correct. I thought the lady on the far right looks like the wolf lady from MGS1 who you fight in the caves, but I can't remember her name. As for the other unknowns I can't really tell.

Any status update on the cardboad box?!

Left > Right

Vamp

Meryl

Raiden

Ocelot

Solid Snake

Otacon

Big Boss/Uncertain

Naomi/Fortune/Uncertain

585973821[/snapback]

Just found out that Kojima confirmed this line-up as correct in an interview with Famitsu. I'll see if I can find a link.

Just found out that Kojima confirmed this line-up as correct in an interview with Famitsu. I'll see if I can find a link.

585973991[/snapback]

Raiden, what is he doing with a sword. He's way too clumsey to carry that thing, he is more likely to stab himself then others.

Raiden, what is he doing with a sword.

585974041[/snapback]

For people who haven't beat MGS2...then again why be reading this

The High-Frequency sword he got from Olga in MGS2, he used it to kill Solidus

And yep, the baby is either Rose's (she was pregnant at the end of MGS2) or Olga's

But it can't be Gray Fox because he did after the Shadow Moses incedend.

It think its Raiden because:

- He's Blonde

- He has Olga's sword.

- And the baby , Raiden promised Olga too get the baby the goverment took hostage.

- He is in the trailer.

So yeah , its raiden

For people who haven't beat MGS2...then again why be reading this

The High-Frequency sword he got from Olga in MGS2, he used it to kill Solidus

And yep, the baby is either Rose's (she was pregnant at the end of MGS2) or Olga's

585974052[/snapback]

Okay, very good point. I thought they would somehow bring back Grey Fox since he was so popular with fans.

And dammit to hell if they put Rose in the game, I can't take her incessant womanly yammering on the nanomachine communication link:

"Raiden remember the time we went to see King Kong and we argued about the building..yadda yadda yadd, oh wait are you in a shoot-out with terrorists? Perhaps this isn't a good time to talk about buying new towels for the bathroom..."

:laugh:.  Poor Raiden, he is just misunderstood.

585974110[/snapback]

LOL - aka FAG - also, some of your character predictions, Frank well, arent most of them dead?? Yeah, the models look similar to the art there, but why would Kojima bring back dead characters? I would hope that he would invent new characters to move the story along.

Then again, the characters who have since died may indeed be needed to the central plot of MGS4. I dont know, it makes the speculation about MGS4 all the more exciting. We wont know until we have seen every damn cutscene and every damn radio communication.

Anyone want to speculate about the wraith looking 'Big Boss' or, ' Character art with slim body and eye-patch'?

Go nuts people, you know you want to, or if not, PM me your predictions.

...also, some of your character predictions, Frank well, arent most of them dead??  Yeah, the models look similar to the art there, but why would Kojima bring back dead characters?  I would hope that he would invent new characters to move the story along.

Then again, the characters who have since died may indeed be needed to the central plot of MGS4.  I dont know, it makes the speculation about MGS4 all the more exciting.  We wont know until we have seen every damn cutscene and every damn radio communication.

Anyone want to speculate about the wraith looking 'Big Boss' or, ' Character art with slim body and eye-patch'?

Go nuts people, you know you want to, or if not, PM me your predictions.

585974829[/snapback]

Vamp - At the end of MGS2 you can see him leaning against a pole/taxi (I forgot, need to put in The Document again). He just keeps coming back :p

Meryl - The official ending of MGS1 was the one with Meryl surviving (written in "In the Darkness of Shadow Moses")

Big Boss - from the way I see it, its his dead body in the artwork. If he has an active role I picture it being something supernatural or perhaps he was frozen after Outer Heaven.

Naomi - She didn't die, but I can see her return having something to do with Fox-Die

user posted image??

In your first post.

585974840[/snapback]

Ive attached it here, if it goes down again, you know what it looks like.

Got Teliko?

What??? Please keep it relevant.

I mean, Is Teliko in this game?

585976188[/snapback]

Who. Is. Teliko??

You have no clue about Metal Gear Acid?

585976216[/snapback]

I have it, but Ive never played it - as such, no, no Teliko so far has been announced. The only characters we can assume are in it, are the characters in the flyer as posted above.

Oh well, a lot of Metal gear fans did not like Acid, cuz it's card based game, but I suffered through it and beat it LOL

I enjoyed Teliko in MGA.

At one point in the game

There are two Telikos trying to kill me because one was a fake Teliko

She is also kinda cute like the girl in Ghost, sorta

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/animelist/stghost.jpg

Although it's kinda hard to judge from the quality in the PSP images.