Do you want to be Bill Gates?

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to be Bill Gates?

• Yeah, baby.. yeah!
    • No way!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fine been my self. And money is not Bill?s major happiness, for him his family is his most precious treasure? that?s something I really admire from Bill, that besides he is one of the most powerful men in the world he still the same nice person.

We luv ya Bil:D!! :D

Microsoft Rulezzzz:p!!! :p

Originally posted by persianpsycho

money doesnt bring happiness, but then again u can buy happiness :p (women...women...women...women)

Of course it won't (except for women :p) but I already have friends :) good ones indeed :) but I would love to have at least a million in the bank :ermm: cuz life ain't easy sumtimes (espicially for me who's only got a mom heh)

would i want to be bill gates?? i'd do it for a day, i'd save the money i made that day and use it for my family when i get married and i would make history on that one day by announcing that all past, present and future MS products will be open source and then i'd sign off on it and make sure its taken care of before my day is over.

TS

Originally posted by jesterzwild

Would I like to be one of the richest men in the world that is hated by all and endlessly criticised? Probably not. All we leave behind, that truly matters, when we depart (as in death) is the impression others have of us. I'd rather be a poor man who dies with people thinking of me as a good person than a rich one who has people who celebrate his death (not too mention a bunch of money I couldn't take with me).

He is with pple that think he is a good person, even being rich. And with the money he has alive, he can do a lot of things u can't because u are poor (or has less many than he has).

Like someone said before maybe i don't wanna be bill but i'd love to have his money......

I'm happy being myself...I may not be as smart as Gates yet, but I'll be better later. Geez, I wouldn't know what to do with Bill Gate's money (maybe buy a new pc everytime the processor speed increased). Big LAN party

i would for a day... but only to

a. make lots of money

b. i'd make all microsoft products free

c. i'd make everything open source

d. i'd remove the palladium project

e. i'd start a new project, Windows for Macintosh

i would also discontinue the longhorn project, in favor of a more stable OS, no longer on the NT structure, but it would also incorporate Apple's aqua, Quartz Extreme, and rondaevous, that is, with apple's permission.

Originally posted by giantsnyy2002

a. make lots of money

i would also discontinue the longhorn project, in favor of a more stable OS, no longer on the NT structure, but it would also incorporate Apple's aqua, Quartz Extreme, and rondaevous, that is, with apple's permission.

Sounds good, but I think I would just discontinue Windows, so Linux would dominate :)

Originally posted by giantsnyy2002

a. make lots of money

And after doing all that you'll file for bankruptcy protection.. :p

Chapter 11 rulzzzz!!! :D

Longhorn is supposed to be a major rewrite, so what.

Originally posted by teka

sofa-bill.jpg

Yes? No? Why?

Maybe the picture mean that all Bill gates do is changing the lightbulb of the spotlight over his head all day long and that he do nothing else than relaxing and dreaming of Windows 2059 floating in an ocean of money?

It would be great to be as rich and smart as him but I rather live my own life and just admire bill. You guys put him down, but he is a really great person. Hes increadibly smart and business saavy, rich, happy and a million other things. His foundation has given the most money in donations in the world over any other person or organization. You guys try to find away to attack him saying yeah so hes rich.. there are a lot of rich a$$holes out there that are stubborn and arent as giving as he is. Hes not a rich snob. Look at world comm and enron... look how greedy all of those ceo and top hand guys got. Not bill.. hes class. Peace

His pride is his company not money. That is so for two reasons.

1. He doesn't sell his stock to the outside and he has all of his eggs in one basket (Microsoft). He want's to run his company himself and have control over it and would risk losing it all before he would merge with another company. But in a way that keeps Microsoft stable and honest. He's not going to overprice his stock because it's only going to hurt him. Take AOL Time Warner who overpriced their stock at the merge where that beneifited everybody outside the company who bought stock. There's no benefit for Bill Gates to do this since the only ones who can buy Microsoft stock are Microsoft employees and of course Bill Gates.

2. He's only going to give his kids 10 million each.

By the way he's a man of morals and money isn't everything to him for another reason stated below.

The republicans want to get rid of estate tax and if that is done the rich won't have to pay this tax but quess who does (someone has to pay it it doesn't just dissapear) the middle class working joes will have to pay this. But Bill Gates is the one person that will benefit from this the most out of anyone but since he's a man of morals and money isn't everything to him he's going to spend a lot of money to air ads on tv saying it's not right and that he's not in favor of this change.

He may be a lot of things but he's not what most people think he is. Also Microsoft Windows copies are on about 95% of computers in (I took out businesses because I don't know what the % is there) homes. That speaks for itself.

Originally posted by Pyro

if you notice there are liek 400 crap ideas and like 3 good ideas :p

Nope no good ideas, if it was a good idea it would be floating above his head, the bins just overflowing! :p

• 2 weeks later...