PC Controller for NFSMW?

Yes 360 controller get's my vote 100%. It IS the future for PC gaming as well as Xbox.

And no I'm not just saying things PC game pads will be designed this way in the future and game developers will increasingly add support for it out of the box without any configuration required.

i just bought one  :D

installing now

586841952[/snapback]

Nice...

If you can post back about things like ease of setup, etc. etc., I would be interested in reading.

Yeah, I just got one too,

the X360 controller is lovely, pressure sensitive. it's HOT.

The driver is flawless.. it's awesome. cept I don't get force feedback. yet.

I am hopign there will be like Microsoft Keyboard apps centre for the X360 controller.

But in prior to that, I use the logitech rumble pad 2. it's similar to PS2's controlelr.

I've got a rumble pad 2 there in june, is it worth getting a 360 from that? I know they'll make the 360 a standard cuz they'll pour tons of money into it.

Cowwithoutabrain mentions a rumble compatabilty problem? Anyone getting that in say NFSMW?

Edited by Marduk

I have the Dual Action from Logitech, got it for cheap ;ong time ago, it's look pretty like the PS2 controler and I like it, there a Rumble Version and a Wireless version too

I've got a rumble pad 2 there in june, is it worth getting a 360 from that? I know they'll make the 360 a standard cuz they'll pour tons of money into it.

Cowwithoutabrain mentions a rumble compatabilty problem? Anyone getting that in say NFSMW?

586842048[/snapback]

The issue is that the Xbox 360 controller's driver only supports rumbling through XInput, rather than DirectInput. Currently, no games that I know of support XInput, which is why I made that thread. The only things that I have seen that supports XInput are some samples in the DirectX SDK. An easy way to see if a game supports XInput, is if your Xbox 360 controller's "ring of light" lights up in a quadrant to show that you are player one.

The issue is that the Xbox 360 controller's driver only supports rumbling through XInput, rather than DirectInput. Currently, no games that I know of support XInput, which is why I made that thread. The only things that I have seen that supports XInput are some samples in the DirectX SDK. An easy way to see if a game supports XInput, is if your Xbox 360 controller's "ring of light" lights up in a quadrant to show that you are player one.

586842153[/snapback]

Ring of light stuff sounds neat, but I dunno about lacking FF in many/all games right now thats kinda a deal killer for me right now :(, ah well, I'm still tempted.

Ring of light stuff sounds neat, but I dunno about lacking FF in many/all games right now thats kinda a deal killer for me right now :(, ah well, I'm still tempted.

586842165[/snapback]

The person who created XBCD, a driver for the original Xbox controller, may end up supporting the Xbox 360 controller as well. If he does end up supporting it, then we may be able to use the force feedback, as well as being able to make use of the guide button. This is of course not guaranteed, and I don't know how long it takes him to release new versions of his driver, so it may be a little while.

http://redcl0ud.1.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=1026&st=15

Why can't they make it support both? I mean sure they could design a driver that automatically detects if it would be using XInput or DirectInput? Microsoft owns both these technologies and they have paid all the royalities to immersion so I don't get it.

360 controller gets my vote, been using it, it's GREAT for NFS....if you have a relatively new comp, it will feel like your playing it on 360 (especially with a nice LCD)

default controls

start- pauses

Left Trigger, brake

Right trigger, gas

alternate left trigger- camera angle

alternate right trigger- moves camera back some ( i think)

A - hand brake

b- turbo and "enter" button when game is paused or in menu

x- matrix mode and "back/exit" when the game is paused or in menu

y- look back

D-pad Up - enter race/shop

down - toggle races/milestones/bounty

right - toggle map

left - toggle something else

Right analog stick

UP- shift up

down - shift down

Left Analog stick

Left - left

Right - right

Edited by Meshuggah

Im going to get a 360 controller but I definately still like my current one. Its the Thrustmaster Dual Trigger or 2-in-1. The cable has a Y splitter so I can hook it to my pc or my PS2. It only cost $20!

Check it out here

B0006VC3XK.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

Target

I just bought the Logitech Rumble Pad 2 is there anything I need to download before playing the game. Is there a setup or do i need to configure it on my own?