What has happened to Desktopweather?

Question

I was searching through the forums and found that the last time Matrox said anything about DesktopWeather was back in June. When I try to go to the neonerds site it doesn't appear to be working. If someone has a copy or nows what had happened in the last few months please post and inform me and maybe a few other lost souls. TIA.

7 answers to this question

Yea, sorry for the lack of news on DesktopWeather. It has kind of been put on hold for a little bit while I work on a much larger project, It will return though. Unfortunately my hosting got killed and I can no longer offer hosting for the current version. I would really appreciate it if someone could help out with that and host me. ;) I will post info on a new version as soon as I complete it. Thanks for all the people who support and use DesktopWeather and to all those who sent emails in.

-Matrox

matrox, i have host it on my ftp for a while, but its going to suck since ive moved out of the dorm with oc3, now its an apartment with 512K dsl, but it sucks major balls, i can set it up for 4-5 users max at a time and have it running 24/7. the speeds might not be great, but its something. im sure if you get a couple of more people to host it'll work out!!