Intet/AMD`s own deathwish

11 members have voted

1. 1. Intet/AMD`s own deathwish

• Microsoft
    • AMD/INTEL
    • Linux
    • Apple

If AMD and Intel will truely try to move completely into the Palladium thing from microsoft does anyone of you think it will be either the end to Microsoft Windows as a common user product and linux replacing it or is it the end of MS and Int/AMD with Apple replacing it, theoritically its very possible because most users now survive on warez all over the world

idd say apple cuz i dont think apple would force ibm/motorolla to agree to palladium, concidering apple puts a user's experience first, unlike microsoft lol...

but microsoft could end up making motorolla/ibm sign up :(

microsoft will be more likely to peeve off more ppl than make ppl happy...

i dunno if palladium would still work under linux...probably tho since its a hardware thing...

The idea of Palladium really bugs me. Not because I necessarily want to do anything illegal with my computer but at the end of the day I've paid for it and therefore I feel it is up to me what I want to do with it.

I keep my CD collection in a shared folder on my PC so that I can listen to anything I want on one of the other computers in the house without having to go looking for CD's. By my understanding of Palladium I will have to keep separate copies on each computer which will be a right pain. What I'm doing isn't illegal. These files are for personal use and I have the originals so I don't see why I should be restricted what machine I can listen to them on.

It the same with XP Media Centre. I like the idea behind it but if I were to record a program on it I wouldn't be able to watch it on one of the other computers in the house. I'm not prepared to spend money on a new system if I am being told how to use it.

There is one consolation, seeing as Microsoft have so far failed to build a completely secure system I expect someone will find a way of circumventing it.