Hi-res Crysis DirectX 10 screenshots

Crysis will be released at the end of this year by EA and is being developed by Crytek (FarCry). It's one of the first PC games to support DirectX 10. This means you won't be able to get these kind of graphics with a Geforce 7 videocard and you can expect a performance drop when playing this game in DirectX 9.0 mode. Life sucks.

The gun and some other objects look fuzzy, but the detail on the leaves and trees is amazing. Notice the dynamic soft-shading.

crysis-20060327065422577.jpg

The blur-effect realy makes the forrest look life-like. Notice the HDR light shining through the trees.

crysis-20060327065420952.jpg

What can I say, high-res textures combined with dynamic soft-shading and lighting.

crysis-20060327065418218.jpg

This shot looks a lot more ugly than the others. The environments are huge, but it looks like this part of the level isn't completed yet. Notice the ugly HDR-effect in the distance and the mountains without any trees.

crysis-20060327065411187.jpg

It looks like we will be able to use slow-mo and other tricks in this game, just like in FarCry Instincts. The game doesn't look finished, but when it is, it will undoubtedly look amazing.

crysis-20060327065419452.jpg

Hang on there. DX10 only runs in Windows Vista. Windows Vista has been delayed till January 2007. So why are EA releasing this game by the end of this year?!

Hang on there. DX10 only runs in Windows Vista. Windows Vista has been delayed till January 2007. So why are EA releasing this game by the end of this year?!

'cause it will run on DX9 (and possibly DX7/8), although it won't look as good or run as quick.

The video is amazing... I was really impressed by the motion blur, the lighting and the jungle parts.

These look ok?

I dont see any wow factor. Gears of War and even Fear at high settings can do this.

Heck I prefer the way oblivion looks compared to this.

I also dont see why there should be a performance drop with a lower mode- lower settings and disabled features yes....performance drop? no

I wonder if ATI/Nvidia are going to release a DX10 compilat video cards anytime soon (is there a DX10 specification already available for designers ?)

I know that DX10 (software implementation) will run in Vista only, but those DX10 video cards would still be able to run DX9 games.

I would like to upgrade my computer soon (P4 2.6GHz, 1GB Ram, Radeon 9800Pro), but I don't want to get a new and shiny 7900GT(X) or X1900XT and be forced to replace it few months later because it lacks HDCP and DX10 support.

It's one of the first PC games to support DirectX 10. This means you won't be able to get these kind of graphics with a Geforce 7 videocard and you can expect a performance drop when playing this game in DirectX 9.0 mode.

Those screenshots are taken from a system running DX9 hardware. The performance will also not drop, some of the effects just won't work.

Meh. Am I the only one that isn't impressed with the "next gens" graphics? So far from what I've seen of DX10, XB360, and PS3 don't really impress me. They don't seem like THAT much of an improvement. I don't know, I guess I was just expecting more. Probably Nintendo is right and graphics have evolved as far as they can for the time being.

Those screenshots are taken from a system running DX9 hardware. The performance will also not drop, some of the effects just won't work.

How can you be sure? It could be on Vista rendering using the DirectX 10 Reference Rasterizer.

Meh. Am I the only one that isn't impressed with the "next gens" graphics? So far from what I've seen of DX10, XB360, and PS3 don't really impress me. They don't seem like THAT much of an improvement. I don't know, I guess I was just expecting more. Probably Nintendo is right and graphics have evolved as far as they can for the time being.

Did you watch the video?

I saw the video on Gamespot, the game looks amazing, really.

Oh and you can grab the HD version from www.gametrailers.com