Nvidia Geforce 5200fx problem

Hi, the fan on my Geforce 5200fx broke and i was wondering if its possible to run this card without a fan or does anyone know where to get a replacement part for it. The part number for the fan is cf-12407s and ive searched the net for it to no avail. Anyone have any ideas or possible a card that doesnt work and are willing to part with the fan :p . Im willing to pay a few $ through paypal or somthing, but would sure hate to not be able to use this card, it still works great and it would be a shame for it to go down for somthing this trivial.

Thanks

that sucks, well did you try contacting them or maybe rig up a similar fan on it. i wouldnt run it w/o a fan. i got a 5500 on mine (i believe its basically the same kind of card?) and when im playing games i can feel the heat coming off it pretty good and my fan is always on so i figure it would just melt without the fan

Yeah i noticed it last night when my cpu was running about 10 degrees warmer than usual so i opened the side of my pc up and moved my hand around the inside of the case and it was coming from the vid card, one of the blades had broken loose and jammed itself stopping the fan. A guy at work showed me a site that sold different types of video card fans so ill check it out and see if they have any similar types till then im back to my old school vid card :(

i have an ATI 9600 and it has a heatsink but no fan. so i costomized a regular fan a bit and put it on. works great....

when i touch the heatsink it's pretty cool. so i know the fan is doing great. all you have to do is find a way to elevate it a bit over the card and hold it there....

I found one on directron.com, I dont have the original box or reciept anymore for the card, so thats why i didnt go straight to their websites and check out the warranty stuff. Will let you guys know how it works when i get it.

There must be some after market coolers for the FX card's..... why not get a cheap one?

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I know that this is an old thread but it's first on Google for CF-12407S. My video card has a 40mm fan on it, I have it since many years and now it lately began making loud noises.

How to replace the CF-12407S for a brand new silent fan for less than 10.00 canadian dollars (9.50 US dollars).

1. Buy a 40 mm fan. I bought the Coolermaster SLC-S41-U1-GP for less than 6.00 $ (see this link: http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/226869/COOLERMASTER/SLC_S41_U1_GP)

2. I then got a glue gun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot-melt_adhesive).

3. Unscrew the old fan.

4. If the power cables of the fans are not the same, cut and stick them together as seen on the images.

5. Once the good power cable is installed, glue the fan on the heatsink. You just revived your old video card.

img5097h.th.jpg

img5098c.th.jpg

img5099z.th.jpg

img5100fo.th.jpg

img5101q.th.jpg

img5105e.th.jpg