Photo

Corrupt Graphics on PGR3

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Neowinian Elite

Posted 20 May 2006 - 20:26

:blink: Hi, I've just bought an XBOX 360 and have it hooked up to my 20" Widescreen monitor with the VGA cable. All the games work great except for PGR3 where I get loads of corrupt graphics making it impossible to play. It's like when you overclock a graphics card too much. I'm not getting this problem on any of the other games and when I looked on Google couldn't see anybody else reporting this. Anyone have a clue what might be wrong here?

#2 OhMuffin

OhMuffin

Neowinian

Posted 20 May 2006 - 20:30

:blink: Hi, I've just bought an XBOX 360 and have it hooked up to my 20" Widescreen monitor with the VGA cable. All the games work great except for PGR3 where I get loads of corrupt graphics making it impossible to play. It's like when you overclock a graphics card too much. I'm not getting this problem on any of the other games and when I looked on Google couldn't see anybody else reporting this. Anyone have a clue what might be wrong here?

Take a picture of the problem. It might be your xboxs overheating, but if it only dose it for pgr3, then its probally not...?

#3 3rdDin8

3rdDin8

Previously AcidicMatter

Posted 20 May 2006 - 20:38

The only things I can think of is it's either the Xbox 360 overheating or the game is dodgy. Have you tried it in another Xbox 360 (like your mates)?

#4 OP hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Neowinian Elite

Posted 20 May 2006 - 21:48

IMG_2601.JPG
I have attached a screenshot, if i start the game up the first lap is usually okay, then everything gets all screwed up so perhaps it's an overheating problem, strange how none of my other games are affected though

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 20 May 2006 - 22:15

http://www.neowin.ne...opic=450566&hl=

You need to lower the res of your monitor supposedly because PGR3 over rides the 360's settings.

#6 Pc_Madness

Pc_Madness

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 May 2006 - 03:00

I've experienced this mainly on PGR3 as well :\ Had it sitting on a table in the middle of the room and playing for a few hours straight and it went spaz.

Not sure whats going on... :(

#7 ReAnimation

ReAnimation

Neowinian

Posted 21 May 2006 - 13:38

I've had odd corrupt graphics in PGR3 too. Ive not seen any corruption in PGR3 for a while now, but when it happened there was a big pink square that would briefly appear in the bottom left or top left of the screen.

The one thing I have noticed my 360 doing in PGR3 though is that the HUD overlay of the map or the gear/speed display sometimes start randomly dissapearing for a split second.

It is strange though, I have 11 other games for my 360 and all of those run perfectly well. It makes you wonder what PGR3 is doing that other games are not...

#8 Ianwoollam

Ianwoollam

Neowinian

Posted 21 May 2006 - 14:03

I used to have this problem, in PGR3 the GFX would just go nuts exacly like you showed in that photo, in Test drive and NFS it just froze... I strangly found that the problem was to do with streaming music from my PC o_O I noticed the GFX would only go nuts when the music track changed, so I used PGR3's built in music and I haven't had the problem since!!

I dunno if my units bust, or its a common problem... It explained why I didn't have any problems in PDZ and GRAW tho as I never stream music into that :/ But I'm gonna try and take it back in October, then if it fails again I can change again for the new revision hopefully hehehe :D

#9 vetPL_

PL_

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 May 2006 - 14:16

Why are all the topics 1*?

#10 vetgiga

giga

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 May 2006 - 14:19

Why are all the topics 1*?

Guess. We have some known Sony trolls who love to leave their mark on the MS forums.

#11 vetPL_

PL_

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 May 2006 - 14:51

Guess. We have some known Sony trolls who love to leave their mark on the MS forums.

Can't you stop them from voting?

#12 vetgiga

giga

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 May 2006 - 15:16

Can't you stop them from voting?

No, there's no voter tracking. There are some ideas to handle it though.

#13 ReAnimation

ReAnimation

Neowinian

Posted 21 May 2006 - 20:02

To be fair the same things happen in the Sony forum too.

The people giving the low ratings really should stop doing it as it ends up ruining it for everyone.

Anyway, back on topic........

#14 drum0r

drum0r

Neowinian

Posted 21 May 2006 - 20:07

I had the same problem with my 360, took it back and exchanged it, and now everything has been fine since. I haven't seen this happen once on my new 360.

#15 mikebeech

mikebeech

Neowinian

Posted 21 May 2006 - 23:37

This is the first i've heard of this bug, that's pretty bad. :huh: