OS 10.2.2 to be released in November

got this from Spymac.com

Apple late last week handed the next minor revision of Mac OS X to developers.

Mac OS 10.2.2 is now available to Select ADC (Apple Developer Connection) members. The always ambitious development team is aiming for an early November release for the refresh, though minor updates are traditionally delayed as a result of last minute bug discoveries.

The minor update is the first of two smaller revisions due out before the end of 2003.

Mac OS 10.2.3, according to the current schedule, should arrive before Christmas.

"These two smaller updates are the last ones before the next major revision of Jaguar, so there will be a few months of perceived inactivity after 10.2.3," claims a developer in-the-know.

"Unfortunately, [10.2.2]does not feature any iChat fixes. We're told to expect those soon."

Sherlock, however, is said to be undergoing heavy development.

The first revision of Jaguar, Mac OS 10.2.1, was released last month.

hmm Sherlock development...

you know, I'd like to get some documentation on making sherlock channels, but I can't seem to find any.... It'd be really cool...

Originally posted by sparkleytone

omg dude. avoid spymac like the clap. they will forever be tainted by the infamous iWalk hoax.

lol :p u guys are so anti-spymac, rumors are rumors lol....mac15 was saying he found a copy of .2.2 somewheres :s...

Originally posted by Silvorgold

lol :p u guys are so anti-spymac, rumors are rumors lol....mac15 was saying he found a copy of .2.2 somewheres :s...

well, if it's being released to select developers, leaks are bound to happen :)

Originally posted by timdorr

well, if it's being released to select developers, leaks are bound to happen :)

yep, so i guess its true lol, by the time i get my mac (if my dad places an order through the store and they have to get it from the main ordering location) 10.2.2 will be out, n how large of a file was 10.2.1 approx? cuz i heard 16 megs (for one of the early builds) so it may be larger n on my 28.8 connection i'll have to be doing lottttttts of waiting

Originally posted by artificiallife

wow, i didnt know people still had 28.8...:p

i have a 56k modem...but my connection sux, i hear *rumors* that there might be high speed net (wireless) out here as soon as around xmas...hopefully but i doubt it