HELP! problem with my Steam account....

Hey people, i lost all of my data on my computer and when i was reinstalling steam and so forth i couldnt remember the password....the password was a random code that steam had changed it to when i forgot my password before...so i go to the forgotten password bit and request a new one.

so the email comes and it gives me a new password BUT it also gives me a secret question and that secret question asks me for my previous password! if i knew that then i wouldnt have a problem!

so i email steam asking for help and they send me to some sort of help forum thingy which also asks me for my username and password so basically im screwed! any ideas?

Respond to the email and tell them you don't know the previous password becuase it was a randomly made pass by Steam itself. The guys at Valve/Steam are usually very responsive to this sort of thing, just work with them.

Also, you may want to actually change your pass to something you'll remember when this is all said and done :p

Respond to the email and tell them you don't know the previous password becuase it was a randomly made pass by Steam itself. The guys at Valve/Steam are usually very responsive to this sort of thing, just work with them.

Also, you may want to actually change your pass to something you'll remember when this is all said and done :p

thats another problem i have... i have tried everything...i emailed them and they directed me to their support section on the website, which i need a password for which i dont know! so im pretty much screwed and they wont listen to my email because its not on their database because im using a different email from the user account and i dont have that old email address anymore!

You have to send them an email with the last four digits and expiration date of the credit card you used to buy your games. My account got hijacked recently and they fixed it in less than 24 hours once I sent them the information.

You have to send them an email with the last four digits and expiration date of the credit card you used to buy your games. My account got hijacked recently and they fixed it in less than 24 hours once I sent them the information.

I don't mean to get into your business but how exactly does a Steam account "get hijacked"?

I don't mean to get into your business but how exactly does a Steam account "get hijacked"?

How the heck do I know? My password was changed and I couldn't log in. It's not like I was mistyping it since I had it auto login and the password was saved.

so what happens when you buy the thing from a shop and get a shiny disc ? you cant do jack **** about it then can you ?

so what happens when you buy the thing from a shop and get a shiny disc ? you cant do jack **** about it then can you ?

Nope, but that wasn't my concern since I bought it through steam.

I believe you have to mail a receipt, and the cd key paper to Valve.

Well hacks aside, if the password isnt something like Ac23Fx0978u3q2SDx it is possible to brute force. Ever heard of that? Or if you know their e-mail password you can have it mailed to them and just take it and change it. Its not like "OMGZ HIS ACCOUNT GOT HIJACKD HE IS USING CHEETZ D00D" :D which everyone seems to think.

Well hacks aside, if the password isnt something like Ac23Fx0978u3q2SDx it is possible to brute force. Ever heard of that? Or if you know their e-mail password you can have it mailed to them and just take it and change it. Its not like "OMGZ HIS ACCOUNT GOT HIJACKD HE IS USING CHEETZ D00D" :D which everyone seems to think.

I just can't see how someone could be so desperate to steal a Steam account. Think about it. Your wasting time trying to brute force it, meanwhile you could of bought the game and been playing it already. :| Oh well I never knew that was possible until now that you told me bL Khaki.