A little English help please...

I'm working on a English project and I am a bit confused by the term "dominant imagery." I first believed it was the method in which the author describes the setting; I am not totally sure and I couldn't find an answer on the net. That's why I am here. If you could just explain it a bit in depth, that would be great.

Also, is anyone is familiar with J.D. Salinger's "Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?"

I'm working on a English project and I am a bit confused by the term "dominant imagery." I first believed it was the method in which the author describes the setting; I am not totally sure and I couldn't find an answer on the net. That's why I am here. If you could just explain it a bit in depth, that would be great.

Also, is anyone is familiar with J.D. Salinger's "Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?"

"Essentially, imagery is a group of words that create a mental image. Such images can be created by using figures of speech such as similes, metaphors, personification, and assonance."

Dominant just means to describe the images that stick out the most. i.e. Was it dark and scary or light and jolly?

"Essentially, imagery is a group of words that create a mental image. Such images can be created by using figures of speech such as similes, metaphors, personification, and assonance."

Dominant just means to describe the images that stick out the most. i.e. Was it dark and scary or light and jolly?

wow...No one could've said it better,

wow...No one couldve said it better,

Yeap. The experts at about.com (edit: turns out to be wikipedia heh) know what they are talking about. They probably have phds under their belt :p

Edited by Jowood

Yeap. The experts at about.com know what they are talking about. They probably have phd\\\'s under their belt :p

Actually my quoted sentance came from wikipedia

Actually my quoted sentance came from wikipedia

Edit NVM. About.com took it from wikipedia...

Apologies.

Edited by Jowood