Tibook And Ibook

back to your topic, basically here's their difference, i'm taking the best of 'em for comparison:

Powerbook - 1GHz G4 processor, 15.2" screen, 1MB L3, 1GB ram (max), ATI Radeon 9000 (64MB), SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW), 60GB HDD, 2.45KG.

iBook - 800GHz G3 processor, 14.1" screen, no L3 cache, 640MB ram (max), ATI Radeon 7500 (32MB), Combo (DVD-ROM/CD-RW), 30GB HDD, 2.7KG.

Yeah the TiBook is your desktop replacement. Big, heavy, bulky, but lots of power. The iBook is your portable of portables. Nice, light, yet enough power to run pretty much anything, outside of your highest end games.

Eh, the TiBook isn't that much heavier or bigger than the iBook, or at least the 14" one, at least. The TiBook is your basic mobile workstation. IMHO, it's overkill for the average user, and it's hella expensive. I'm getting my iBook 12.1" (hopefully) soon, since it seems to be the most bang for the buck right now, especially in the mobile world.

The Powebook is simply the ultimate laptop computer hands down. Probably not worth the money for anyone less than a heavy power user. For those there is the iBook, which packs plenty of punch with an affordable price tag.

the TiBook (or now known as the Titanium2 iBook (i call it Ti2Book lol) uses a G4 processor, while the iBook uses a G3 processor...if you love to do graphics and such...TiBook (aka PowerBook) is the way to go, but if u just like doing normal stuff (ie: web surfing, office, chat) then ibook would be the way to go...

PowerBook (Ti2Book):

beautyshotpwrbookg4.jpg

iBook:

productshotibook.jpg

im currently thinking of buying an ibook....if u REALLY want speed..powerbook would be the way to go ;)

Eh, the TiBook isn't that much heavier or bigger than the iBook, or at least the 14" one, at least.

i was told that the 14.1" iBook is actually slightly heavier than the PowerBook

I'm planning on getting the third version of the iBook, the first 14.1" model with a couple upgrades. I'll use it for college and also graphics/web design...I've heard Photoshop runs well on the iBook with 256MB RAM; I'm planning on getting an upgrade in RAM, possibly to it's max, 640MB, if they have a deal in a year or so like right now.

pretty cool :p, i want a 14.1" ibook..but its bout $500 out of my range, so the 12.1" is a great deal to me, if things go my way, i'll get my dad to order it soon, but if not, i'll have to wait around xmas time :(

ibook just seems more handy than an emac/imac...concidering all the stories i heard bout the emac and imac...lol

well, if the deal runs out on the ram, trying buying from http://www.18004memory.com/ They are DAMN cheap, and I have their stuff in my mac right now. Lifetime warrantees too :)

already reserved an ibook at the local computer store today :D lol...i should be getting it in about a week...now for the week to hopefully fly by again

already reserved an ibook at the local computer store today  lol...i should be getting it in about a week...now for the week to hopefully fly by again

You got one of them Apple stores in your area?

Im planning on getting the highest end TiBook for graduation, unfortunatly im probably gonna have to pay 2000 or so of it, but thats fine cause ive already started saving up. I'm into film editing and whatnot, and i would consider myself a power user cause id be using this thing nonstop, so i would say that it is worth every penny.

I'm into film editing and whatnot, and i would consider myself a power user cause id be using this thing nonstop, so i would say that it is worth every penny.

You better be ready to pay more than your arms and legs for the video editing software though.