Getting rid of Harvestmen ("Daddy Long Legs")

I have many Harvestmen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvestmen) where I live and I'm trying to find a solution to keep them away from the house and other places in my yard.

I know they are considered "good" insects but I have a huge phobia of these things and cannot concentrate or do much of anything knowing they're around.

I have tried an exterminator and they were pretty much useless (they came out, sprayed all around the house, charged me $120 and then basically told me there was no real way to get rid of these insects and that I would just have to step on them when I see them). Plus the spraying didn't even work at all.

I saw something you plug into an outlet that emits some kind of noise that's supposed to get rid of some spiders and insects but I have no idea if this would even work on these. If anyone has any sort of experience with this item I'd like to know how it worked for you.

Does anyone know of a way to keep these things away from the house?

why would you want to? they dont hurt anyone! they only kill smaller bugs that could hurt you.

i realize you have a fear, but phobias can be overcome, i think especially in this case.

why would you want to? they dont hurt anyone! they only kill smaller bugs that could hurt you.

i realize you have a fear, but phobias can be overcome, i think especially in this case.

uh no. kill all spiders

We have those insect repellers that plug into an outlet. They seem to work half-way decent. We've noticed a considerable drop in the amount of spiders we have, but we still occasionally find some.

You can buy sprays which you just put in your weedsprayer and spray the outside of the house with, it deters them and kills them if they get it on them. It seems to work pretty well but doesn't last that long.

get a rifile and start shooting at them?

ROFL! :laugh:

I love them! ....when I catch em.....I burn each of their legs off with my cigarette...... :)

I leave the 'wings' till last.....as its funny watchin them try to manoeuvre without them....... :whistle:

I do the same with spiders............great stuff :woot:

(here come the animal rights peeps....lol) :rolleyes: