Sony's PS3 Makes HDD Upgrades Easy

Oh, crap - got me confused. Not all games support >background downloading.<

Saints Row

That's only partially correct. Background downloading is supported as long as you don't log on to any kind of matchmaking; if you do, downloads will automatically be paused in order to eliminate any lag that may occur from downloading while playing online.

That's only partially correct. Background downloading is supported as long as you don't log on to any kind of matchmaking; if you do, downloads will automatically be paused in order to eliminate any lag that may occur from downloading while playing online.

Yeah, I thought it was like that too - But it isnt.

Saints Row stops your download the moment you get to the menu screen.

this is really good.. just imagine placing in a raptor into the ps3- loading times would fly.. :)

Except there's no such thing as a 2.5" Raptor. :p

It's interesting to see how Sony claims everything's so open on their system, yet the PS3 doesn't run at the hardware level (and won't unless the crackers get at it, which would basically defeat the purpose of the PS3 being open). Hardware level support would open up endless possibilities for piracy, and that's exactly what Sony doesn't want. I can imagine the publicity on that one if their "open" philosophy turned around to bite them in the ass.

Edited by Elliott

On the 360 every single game supports streaming audio (along with all the other dashboard implementations) from the HDD over the game. They are required to do so by Microsoft.

-Spenser

EXCEPT...

Alone in the Dark

Yeah, I thought it was like that too - But it isnt.

Saints Row stops your download the moment you get to the menu screen.

Right, yea, I noticed that too actually. Some games automatically connect to the Xbox Live Servers even though you're not doing any matchmaking. But it works for most games, as it's supposed to.

Consoles are cheap considering you get 5+ years of playing without having to upgrade!

And what is CAD? :s AutoCAD?

Canadian Dollars