Sony PlayStation 3: the Ars Technica review

huh?

What im saying is; ps2/xbox made DVDs more mainstream..

No, they didn't. DVDs have the highest acceptance rate of any device in history and they reached astronomical levels before the PS2 and Xbox. Both systems included DVD because it made sense since the media was so widely accepted.

Huh? The Xbox and PS2 were a wet dream in someone's pants when DVD took off. Unless you're going to tell me that the 2 of them are almost 9 years old...?

PS2 was probably the most deciding factor in the success of DVD in Japan. This has been said many times.

well my xbox was the second DVD player we owned. I still use it as my DVD player since it will upconvert over component to 720p where as the 360 will only upconvert over VGA for some reason

Yeah, I dont get why its bad that it plays after you eject a the disc - that just means you can play on one game with two consoles and one disc (Until it has to load something :p)

"teh obviously!"

that's how you play co-op on the PS3... :devil: :laugh: :rofl: :p

uhhh, incorrect, you can use ANY 1/8inch jack headset, ive tried all 9 million i have bought in the past years for my cell phones, and they all work....don't you know what the ring is on the jack?

I think you need to learn a little more about cables dear son...

What? Mini-jacks have supported headsets for ages... Cordless phones anybody? You can use any one that you want with the X360, and there are plenty available.

^ What phones do you buy?

Must be pretty high-end since they have minijacks since 'the past years'

actually i have one of the crappiest cell phones ever, lol...i dont think it could even go for 5 dollars, but most cell phones and practically every cordless phone for home now comes with a 1/16" jack

i messed up, and wasnt thinking when i said 1/8 inch...sorry about that one :/