Upgrade that PS3 hard drive

You will need:

1 NOTEBOOK 2.5MM HDD SATA ANY SIZE (We recommend staying with the same RPM as the PS3?s original HDD, 5400RPM. You can upgrade to 7200RPM, of course, but we cannot promise that it will not have ill-effects on your machine.)b>

1 MINI PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWDRIVER

1 MINI FLATHEAD SCREWDRIVER

1 SOLID PLACE TO WORK

I knew about the hard drive being easily upgraded, but why dose this site recommend you stick with a 5400RPM hard drive? really curious because I was planning to get a 100GB 7200RPM drive for it, With being able to get PS1 games onto it and some games have the option to install I thought 7200RPM would be awesome for even less load times.

I knew about the hard drive being easily upgraded, but why dose this site recommend you stick with a 5400RPM hard drive? really curious because I was planning to get a 100GB 7200RPM drive for it, With being able to get PS1 games onto it and some games have the option to install I thought 7200RPM would be awesome for even less load times.

Sounds a bit weird like, seems like Sony went for the $20 Hard Drive option! :p

I think I saw a benchmark somewhere (probably a Japanese site) where they showed 5400 and 7200 didn't make that much a difference in a PS3.

With that in mind, its probably better to get a 5400 since it would be cooler.