Looking for new headphones

I plan in getting a cowon iAudio x5 DAP in a week or two. I've been searching for a decent pair of phones to couple with the X5, except most say a DAP doesn't have the juice to power, like:

Sony MDR-V500DJ Monitor Series Headphones with Swivel Earcups

Sony MDR-V600 Studio Monitor Series Headphones with Circum-Aural Earcup Design

Sennheiser PXC 250 Noise Canceling Headphones

Zalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones

Anyone have experience using cup phones on DAP, (I have, but only Altec Lansing cup phones which I don't have anymore) and recommend accordingly to budget?

basically, i'm looking for cup phones, as IMO, they're the most comfortable, plus the cup design works as a cheap "noise reduction".

Anywho... Budget would be TOPS $70 and that would include $5 for shipping ( or less ? :p )

Again for those who didn't read topic description, I don't like those plug-like earphones, nasty if you ask me :p

Ps. Noise Cancelling is a nice plus :)

None of those...although PXC250 would be the best out of them.

For your criteria at $70, the choices are really limited.

A good circumaural can that's slightly more expensive than your limit would be Sony MDR-7506/V6 (Not V600.).

If you want a closed circumaural headphone with that price, I suggest you to wait and gather up some more cash and stay with the earbuds.

None of those...although PXC250 would be the best out of them.

For your criteria at $70, the choices are really limited.

A good circumaural can that's slightly more expensive than your limit would be Sony MDR-7506/V6 (Not V600.).

If you want a closed circumaural headphone with that price, I suggest you to wait and gather up some more cash and stay with the earbuds.

That bad huh? :( and how about just normal over the head phones and not cup phones?

Actually, I just thought of the best circumaural for the money.

AKG K81DJ

those look really nice, and unless anyone else recommends any other cans, I guess I'll be gettins those!

Sennheiser HD-650

:p

They are great, though. I own a pair.

hmmm these are a BIT over budget @ $369 :rofl: