Resistance:Fall Of Man copied.

Uhhh.. unplayable game rips have come out for a long time now. It's nothing special at all.

- GameCube games were ripped long before people even had a method of playing them.

- 360 games were ripped before the firmware mod was made available.

But this is the PS3, the rips will hurt sales even if they don't play :laugh: :rofl:

But this is the PS3, the rips will hurt sales even if they don't play :laugh: :rofl:

How do you figure?

Regardless, they will play eventually and I'm willing to be that it's going to be sooner rather than later. ;)

Any game that has launched can be ripped, heck, I just even saw GOW (6.3GB) for download.

Now, if Sony by some means made the PS3 to be exploitable without say... good old modchips, then it was a grave error. But reading Sony's background, and their loving support of DRM's, I doubt they would be that stupid.

In the end, I guess it will be a game of wait and see. Wait to see if no modchip is needed, or wait to see if a modchip or something in the same level of complexity is needed.

Considering the PSP's vulnerability, I have no doubt that the PS3 will be pretty easy to hack.

The thing Sony are good with is the speed in which they "patch" any vulnerability that rises. Whether or not a modchip will be required.. I'd say everything points to "No", since Sony has purposely left the console open for "open-source" operating systems.

More then likely the hack will come from that, perhaps installing a modified version of the PS3 OS to run as the "Other OS" on the 2nd partition instead of a version of Linux. And then ripping any games to that partition and running them off the OS.

Actually, now that you think about it.. If that is indeed the way people will hack the PS3, it would be fairly hard to "patch" a vulnerability on a second partition.. Chances are we'll see games requiring an updated PS3 OS in order to run once they release a new secure PS3 OS.

But I'm just speculating. But I think purely by the fact that the console is open to an open-source OS makes it far more vulnerable then the 360.

Reading an article on this here: http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/3310/rip_blu-ray_movie the part I find interesting is the Note at the end:

Note: Creating ISO images of Blu-ray or HD DVD discs can be done on any PC equipped with a Blu-ray or HD DVD drive as well ? theoretically. I know for a fact, though, that it will work on Linux desktop PCs because no software / hardware security checks are in place.