Square Enix considers remakes of Final Fantasy gam

i would pee my pant if they remark all the classical.

honestly, if they could just make 1 engine for ff xiii then port every other FF game to it, well that would be amazing. Hell if they could just release an 1 FF game a year I would be ecstatic and would probably buy a PS3.

honestly, if they could just make 1 engine for ff xiii then port every other FF game to it, well that would be amazing. Hell if they could just release an 1 FF game a year I would be ecstatic and would probably buy a PS3.

they should.

i better start saving up now... need to donate more... blood... :cry:

They should port FF7 to the Wii. I mean, come on. Any console that has Ocarina of Time AND FF7 is like a retro haven. Of course, it might be a real kick in the bollocks to Sony, but oh well, they get FFXIII, Versus XIII and like 2 more for petes sake.

FFVII remake with voice overs and real time cutscenes please.

I agree about the voice overs, but why real time cutscenes? if they can pre-render it and make it look nicer I'm all for pre-rendered cut scenes.

Seriously I would be so happy if they remade FFVII for PS3. I love all facts of the game besides graphics. With the graphics on PS3 level and added voice overs the game would be simply amazing. I would hope they keep the story exactly the same not altering it at all, if anything add some to the story line but I would want it to be written straight from the team that wrote FFVII not anyone else.

IMO they should remake FFVII for both the ps3 and the DS, would be benificial for the game to be available to the portable ninty players as well as the ps3.

I wouldn't mind a remake of FFX with a choice of japanese voices with english subtitles. I know it's premature, but hey I can always hope. Also, if they do do FFVII then I would also hope for the dual voice option. They have more than enough space to throw in both languages on one disc. I don't know how far in the minority I am, but Advent Children sounded much better in japanese than in english, heh.

FF VII would be nice, but I think they're thinking more along the lines of giving the DS treatment to FF 1-6 once they're done developing XIII. Now Chrono Trigger, remade for PS3 or 360 (yes I know Square doesn't do MS but you never know)......that'd make my heart stop.

You know, Sony should put some pressure on Square-Enix to remake FFVII (they own part of SE right?). I think that game will help them a lot on PS3 sales. Square too, they will sell a lot of copies.

With FVII (if ther remake it), FFXIII, FFvXIII and I bet they will release like another two main FF plus Kingdome Heart games, I'll be a very happy PS3 owner. :yes:

Enough with Final Fantasy (Especially VII... god...) Bring back Chrono games ;(

Thank you! Final Fantasy VII is way overrated. Long live the Chrono games (especially Chrono Trigger)!

Does Square Enix know anything else besides FF? They're worse than Capcom with their lack of creativity

They used to. Secret of Mana, the Chrono series, and Dragon Quest. They still know Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy. They butchered Secret of Mana, though. They're also coming out with a new game for Xbox 360 based in the Slypheed universe (Project Sylpheed). Looks interesting, but it's not like any type of game they've made before (it's a dogfighting simulator, kinda).

Does Square Enix know anything else besides FF? They're worse than Capcom with their lack of creativity

Yes they do actually: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Square_Enix_games

You'll mostly hear about FF, why? Because its their biggest selling title, and as long as it sells as much as it does they'll continue to release them :yes:

Yes they do actually: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Square_Enix_games

You'll mostly hear about FF, why? Because its their biggest selling title, and as long as it sells as much as it does they'll continue to release them :yes:

It just occurred to me after reading that list...they used to be way better and more original as Squaresoft.

Not many impressive games since Squaresoft became Square-enix

Dunno if im a bit old, but for me the best FF is FFVI.

It really deserves a remake with CGIs, and etc...

Omg... Kefka...

It just occurred to me after reading that list...they used to be way better and more original as Squaresoft.

Agreed. Hey... about about a Super Mario RPG follow up? Now that Iwata is all buddy-buddy with Square-Enix with Dragon Quest 9... ;D

Agreed. Hey... about about a Super Mario RPG follow up? Now that Iwata is all buddy-buddy with Square-Enix with Dragon Quest 9... ;D

CGI Espers :D Good god, a remade Final Fantasy VI and VII for the Playstation 3 would induce a heart attack within me.

Man imagine Super Mario RPG 2 for Wii and FFVI anf FFVII for PS3. That will make A LOT of people happy. :yes:

Hehe Kefka in PS3 graphics. I would love to see that. :D

Squaresoft is a very different company from Square-Enix.

As you know the man behind Mistwalker studio was one of the founders of Squaresoft (and the father of Final Fantasy). He's the guy behind the new Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, etc.

Well he left after a lot of misfortune for the company, many of which was his own decisions (the biggest being the Final Fantasy: Spirits Within movie, which was a huge commercial failure and cost a ton to make, not to mention the money spent in their top-of-the-line cg studio, which they eventually sold due to failure. I think they lost about $120 million). However, he also had a huge part in Final Fantasy I to V, and a smaller Executive Producer role with Final Fantasy VI to X (and more). So he was a big part of the Final Fantasy series, not even counting the fact that he was one of the creators.

So yeah, the company became Square-Enix, and is much different now. Many people have left, although there are still some very notable figures from the FF series left. I think they are much more worried about "financial success" before creativity now. Not to say that FF isn't creative, it definitely is.. But I mean they aren't creating many new series, rather they are sticking to what they know makes big money.

If you look at Squaresoft before the big changes, they often tried out new IP's, whether they were successful or not.. They were definitely putting emphasis on creativity. But Square-Enix isn't really that company anymore, but hopefully in the future they start to return to the old ways. Final Fantasy XII's new combat systems/etc is a step in the right direction for creativity (even if it uses a similar system to many online RPG's that came before it and FFXI).