So im picking up a PS3 today ( 60 gig )

No the trolling part is that they're telling him to get an Xbox 360 and/or Wii :s If they read what he'd written they wouldn't be suggesting that.

I wouldn't say trolling, but, yeah, people might want to read the original post before answering. :cool: We can always dream of a utopia.

well dont forget tho the playstation 3 has alot of issues and scaleing issues that sony has yet to fix so beaway of that. but at anyrate it is up to you if you wish to buy one. a freind of mine watching his brothers family while in Iraq works fora best buys and they have had 4 PS3 units die on them units they used for demos and yes they have had fans on them but no luck. so also be away of some faulty units that are around tho while not many just be away

well dont forget tho the playstation 3 has alot of issues and scaleing issues that sony has yet to fix so beaway of that. but at anyrate it is up to you if you wish to buy one. a freind of mine watching his brothers family while in Iraq works fora best buys and they have had 4 PS3 units die on them units they used for demos and yes they have had fans on them but no luck. so also be away of some faulty units that are around tho while not many just be away

That's for old HD Tv's. I have a new toshiba 52 inch , that supports everything but 1080p. And the guy is going to include the 2 year warrenty and recepit with it as well.

Not to sound rude, but why would you ask if it's worth it if you already know you're going to fork over $500 for it? :laugh:

The item proably hasn't been shiped / picked up yet and he proably wants a second oppinion before he takes further action.

Not to sound rude, but why would you ask if it's worth it if you already know you're going to fork over $500 for it? :laugh:

Well if you read , i was asking some of the little features people like about it. Since i cant seem to find any review's on really anything , I thought i would ask people " with " ps3's. Now yeah i was seeing if it is worth it but then yet again i asked what the owners of ps3's thought about it. But i guess no one here does have one lol

Reading that ArsTechnica article made me want to go out and buy a 360 :(

I'd say if you can spare the money, go for it. If you're really sure that $500 won't suddenly be missed dearly, then grab that console. The PS3 is still quite young and it can only get better.

id buy it simply do to the fact that its the cheapest blu-ray player out there that currently fully supports the new audio formats.....best way to go format neutral all for under 1k.

with the ps3 and an HD-DVD you can enjoy all the movies while the format war drags on.

I have one and I say go for it. It'll keep you occupied enough until March comes when there are better games out, which will make your purchase worth it. And, having psone games on your psp is a major plus. :)

That is a great deal but after I played the system I was totally put down. The Motor Storm demo ran at a smooth 20 FPS, games looks and performed worse than on my Xbox 360. The controller felt cheap and light + no rumble. It kept messing up on my friends 1080i ONLY TV (known issue). It just doesn't seem to be of great value. Sony seems to be using this as a fancy cheap Blu-Ray player and that is the main focus, which I hear also doesn't do well. If you absolutely must, go for it, if not, w/e, it not that great. That is how I feel anyways.

just get it and be done with this thread.... by your sig and your already mentioned consoles owned you will not miss this $500.... the only other thing to suggest is skip the ps3 and put the money towards a new tv that will do 1080p....

That is a great deal but after I played the system I was totally put down. The Motor Storm demo ran at a smooth 20 FPS, games looks and performed worse than on my Xbox 360. The controller felt cheap and light + no rumble. It kept messing up on my friends 1080i ONLY TV (known issue). It just doesn't seem to be of great value. Sony seems to be using this as a fancy cheap Blu-Ray player and that is the main focus, which I hear also doesn't do well. If you absolutely must, go for it, if not, w/e, it not that great. That is how I feel anyways.

Actually it's one of the best, if not the best Blu-Ray player on the market.

Blu-ray is here folks. There are loads of titles, advertising and lots of hardware to choose from. Currently there are five different players available (Samsung, Sony, PS3, Philips & Panasonic) and the lucky chaps over at Sound & Vision compared three of 'em: the 'classic' Samsung BD-P1000, the new Panasonic DMP-BD10, and the elusive PS3. We are going to cut to the chase here; they liked the PS3 the best. Sure, it's a little noisy and doesn't come with a true remote (costs you $25 bucks more) but according to the S&V's audio/video dudes, it's a killer piece of hardware. We're sure you know most of the specs on the $600 PS3's but don't forget that it's the only Blu-ray player currently capable of outputting Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio partly thanks to the machines HDMI 1.3 connection. Both of the other players are solid players too, so don't rule them out but the PS3 just has so much more to offer for the price and if the self-confessed non-gamers over at Sound & Vision can put their recommendation behind of a gaming console, so can Engadget HD. We just want to see another shootout once the Pioneer player hits the streets along with the newly launched Sony player.

Source