Video: Backwards Compatibility on PS3 Looks bad

^ MAYBE they're faking the video doing something wrong on purpouse. I don't know, it could be possible since we already saw fake stories (like the PS3 burning a house).

Sorry. I'm responding to stuff being said currently. Many on here are criticizing over stuff from years back. Get over what now??? I'm not the one holding old grudges. :whistle: Plus criticism isn't always good. Hardly any definites in life. :|

Old Grudges? What do you mean?

Anyway, I'm sure it's pretty clear I'm talking about PS3 mistakes not life mistakes. I don't see why you have to take everything out of context. But I suppose that's the only way you can reply without sounding too dumb.

Criticism in one way or another, tells you about something NOT right. And yeah, I'll give you that it's not good all the time but let's face it, PS3 is not doing very good in a lot of things.

And nothing personal if that's what you meant, you can get over that one too.

It's a certain percentage of games, not all. Sony do need to get shifting to fix it but it's not going to be a huge issue. BC is a lot easier for them then it is for MS.

i think it's funny that the 360 does BC a million times better (upscaling and AA) all through software, whilst sony has PS2 innards in the PS3 and it still looks trashy.. i mean the PS2 looked horrible as it is, so you'd think they'd take microsoft's cue to do some sort of enhancements to the PS2 games. with all the issues that they're having with BC, i find it ironic that you say they can do it better than MS.

i think it's funny that the 360 does BC a million times better (upscaling and AA) all through software, whilst sony has PS2 innards in the PS3 and it still looks trashy.. i mean the PS2 looked horrible as it is, so you'd think they'd take microsoft's cue to do some sort of enhancements to the PS2 games. with all the issues that they're having with BC, i find it ironic that you say they can do it better than MS.

PS2 games look great on my PS3. This guy either a. had a faulty ps3 or b. faked it.

^ Cole the problem is even though your TV is HDTV you are only running it on 480i, to notice this you must be using component cables (or HDMI on your PS3) on both your PS2 and PS3 to compare. The issue is it does not render the games in higher resolution and add more FSAA to them like one certain emulator does.

Cole do yourself a favor and get HDMI or component cables for your PS3, your games will look so much better you won't believe it.

Didn't Sony start off by wanting to do BC in emulation going as far as advertising a job for an emulation "Ninja". Then they realised that it's not quite as easy as it sounds, especially when you have a different GPU with all the manufacture specific calls missing. In the end they went down the same route as the PS2 and dumped the PStwo innards in there.

So the PS2 games are going to look the same at best.

PS2 games look great on my PS3. This guy either a. had a faulty ps3 or b. faked it.

no there is a an issue with pixel flipin'

couple areas across the screen WIDTH wise flip the pixels horizontally making the image really bad... it happens in certain games and FFXII being number one offender it looks like crap...

proof is if you take the images that peopel are posting and copy paste the area and flip it and move it back it fixes the image..

i didnt have a PS2 for a while and bought FFXII for my PS3 and it looks so bad, i hope they fix this issue FAST

etf3ir4.jpg

here is a an example the image look horrible

look at the text find the bad parts flip it in MS paint move it back it goes perfect

so if text looks that bad imagine playing the game in motion

it does this as some games get garbled when the PS3 tried to make a 480i only game turn to 480p

**UPDATE**

Offical Sony boards has great examples

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...ding&page=1

Well, if its just that its an easy fix?

Well considering the other upsampling and downsampling issues PS3 has even if it is easy I wouldn't expect a fix too quickly.

Its likely to be fixed once all the launch issues are in and then sony will release a firmware update, besides why are u ppl playing ps2 games.. you bought a ps3 for a reason, get some ps3 games.

etf3ir4.jpg

here is a an example the image look horrible

look at the text find the bad parts flip it in MS paint move it back it goes perfect

so if text looks that bad imagine playing the game in motion

it does this as some games get garbled when the PS3 tried to make a 480i only game turn to 480p

**UPDATE**

Offical Sony boards has great examples

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...ding&page=1

ouch that looks bad, i hope they fix it, i mean they must have pretty lame devs if they cant make PS2 games work with PS3 which has a PS2 chip inside it. :laugh:

Its likely to be fixed once all the launch issues are in and then sony will release a firmware update, besides why are u ppl playing ps2 games.. you bought a ps3 for a reason, get some ps3 games.
Well, to start off with, you probably don't have a lot of money left after shelling out for the PS3 and the needed accesories. There's not that many launch titles so you try to milk the ones you have from the PS2. Finally, you're playing PS2 titles because Sony said the PS3 would be 100% backwards compatible. To be fair, it is 100% backwards compatible, after all the games do play. I'm sure it's not how people wanted BC, though.

^ I thought it wasn't fully 100%? But in the 90%s?

Just making sure here, no malice intended. :p

Anyway, since it does seem to be a pixel-flipping problem, I imagine a fix is pretty easy. Although, the question of when/if Sony can get a patch out is in the air.

EDIT: It appears the problem is completely game dependent. So a general fix may not be so easy. I'm assuming Sony would have to keep some sort of back-log of which games would need to turn the fix 'on' and which are fine with it 'off'. Assuming the fix eventually gets made, of course.

Edited by magik