Time says PS3 was a bust

And the xbox 360's launch was so much better right. :rolleyes:

Better games, new features and bug fixes will be coming and the price is something we've known about for awhile now. GJ Times for being Captain Obvious.

The only reason the PS3 is getting so much negative attention is because it was given too much hype to begin with and when that happens the result rarely lives up to people's expectations.

The PS3s problems do not stem from things that come from bug fixes. They come from more fundamental problem that they had plenty of time to fix.

No one complained about the Xbox 360 because Microsoft made good on its major promise of a newly envisioned Xbox Live. (All games are Xbox Live aware). We still have Sony making promises that we know it can't keep and as such, the press is hounding them for it. Saying things like "we're going to ship 1 million units to North America!" and only to see that dwindle to less than 150,000 or comments like "we're only using 20% of the PS3s power!" only to find that several PS3 games have ****ty framerates only reaffirms their stupidity. Both Microsoft and Nintendo have made mistakes as well, but they don;t blow their own trumpet when they know they are in a sinking boat.

Honestly, to me, there's no reason to get a PS3 this year at all. If you want to buy one for future games, buy one then when manufacturing is more mature. I would never buy a console because of what IS to come, but what is out now. Your money is better spent elsewhere.

to me graphics and game play go hand and hand

ah, I'd play Mario Bros 1 over Resistence any day. I'd play Bejeweled over Resistence any day...

(robot slang) WE SOUTH-EAST-ASIANS ONLY PLAY PLAYSTATION CONSOLES. OTHER TYPES R NOT POPULAR. WE DON'T MIND THE HEFTY PRICE TAG N BAD PRESS AS LONG AS WE CAN HAVE ONE AT HOME. BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ BEE BEE BOOP BEE BOOP

BY YOUR COMMAND

The PS3s problems do not stem from things that come from bug fixes. They come from more fundamental problem that they had plenty of time to fix.

Honestly, to me, there's no reason to get a PS3 this year at all. If you want to buy one for future games, buy one then when manufacturing is more mature. I would never buy a console because of what IS to come, but what is out now. Your money is better spent elsewhere.

Yeah, pretty much what I have been thinking myself. With Sony (and their great PR machine!) and the way they handled the launch of the ps3, is definitely not a desired way to launch a 'next-gen' console. They dropped the ball imo. I'm going to wait a year at least before I even begin to think about purchasing a ps3.

Saying things like "we're going to ship 1 million units to North America!" and only to see that dwindle to less than 150,000 or comments like "we're only using 20% of the PS3s power!" only to find that several PS3 games have ****ty framerates only reaffirms their stupidity.

All three of the console manufacturers overpromised and underdelivered. The second statement was made by EA not Sony. :|

No one complained about the Xbox 360 because Microsoft made good on its major promise of a newly envisioned Xbox Live.

Nobody complained? Their launch titles weren't that much better than PS3's, and you are saying that not one single person in the whole world complained? :| You act like MS had no problem at all with the 360 and Sony has all the problems. News flash, all the consoles have their fair share of problems.

And the new pricing strategy which means not only can you not lend out games, but if your console breaks (which lets face it, being a sony, it will) you'll have to buy it again.

As long as we are just making stuff up I heard that the PS3 will give you AIDS if you play it. Yeah, AIDS. Watch out people. </sarcasm>

As long as we are just making stuff up I heard that the PS3 will give you AIDS if you play it. Yeah, AIDS. Watch out people. </sarcasm>

Ya know, I don't like many of your comments, but that one was actually pretty funny :rofl:

-Spenser

I'm waiting for Huleboeren to come in and say that the article doesn't matter because only the game nerds read Time. :rolleyes:

wait.. time magazine... which has an affiliation with MSNBC... which has an affiliation with microsoft... not saying thats whats going on but its interesting

THey put that article because Time was the one that was hyping the PS3, when it was initially anounced. This was just their way of saying that people shouldn't always follow hype.

I'm waiting for Huleboeren to come in and say that the article doesn't matter because only the game nerds read Time. :rolleyes:

And I was waiting for the MS/Wii camp to come in and Sony bash. Oh wait, that's everyday that ends in Y.

And I was waiting for the MS/Wii camp to come in and Sony bash. Oh wait, that's everyday that ends in Y.

To be fair, that's only because on days that end with Y another Sony lie is uncovered or some sort of media outlet discovers some truth.

To be fair, that's only because on days that end with Y another Sony lie is uncovered or some sort of media outlet discovers some truth.

Yeah, I'm with you man. Now let's ram it down everyone's throat that Sony lies lies lies and the PS3 sucks and is a failure.

Haha I hate PS3. I bought one and then returned it after seeing the horrable AA. I thought Nvidia would have done better with the PS3. I am back to my Xbox 360 with HD DVD. I can't wait for Halo 3!!!

Below fanboys is what your PS3 would look like if it was worth the money. Too bad it was all hyped up BS. It reminds me of the PS2 launch.

Below is XBOX 360 with the Halo 3 Video

xbox360setup2.JPG

xbox360setup.JPG

Below fanboys is what your PS3 would look like if it was worth the money. Too bad it was all hyped up BS. It reminds me of the PS2 launch.

The PS2 launch was hyped up BS? Haha, you're funny.

Haha I hate PS3. I bought one and then returned it after seeing the horrable AA. I thought Nvidia would have done better with the PS3. I am back to my Xbox 360 with HD DVD. I can't wait for Halo 3!!!

What was the point of this? To show that you're a jerk? I hope not. :alien:

<snip>

very un-neccessary post. PS2 launch was not hyped where u get that from?

hmmm Sony TV :laugh:

HEY FANBOY!!! are you enjoying your SONY SONY SONY television?? or is that just crap too!!

hehe

haha way to go, bash Sony and then post a pic with a Sony TV :)

Sony messed up with the PS3 and they've seriously messed up missing the launch in Europe. I think the 360 has won this round and what with Sony messing up a lot of its other business i'd be surprised if the company manages to keep a float for another 5 years.

The PS3 is nothing compared to the rootkit fiasco, battery issues and the fact that less people are purchasing Sony kit.

PS2 launch was not hyped where u get that from?

Are you serious?

I remeber the crap that was thrown around when PS2 release

Heres a breif summary:

It will have toy story graphics also the emoction engine wtf?

It is powerful enough to control surafec to air missile and nuclear bombs blah blah

Are you serious?

I remeber the crap that was thrown around when PS2 release

Heres a breif summary:

It will have toy story graphics also the emoction engine wtf?

It is powerful enough to control surafec to air missile and nuclear bombs blah blah

lol yeah i remember them and also the toy story graphics thing but its no way as overhyped as the ps3 launch...