Increase PS3 DVD Playback Volume?

For the life of me I can't find out how to increase the PS3's playback volume when playing a DVD or Blu-Ray Disc. Obviously the TV remote, but I have to crank up the TV volume higher than normal to hear my movies, but games seem to be at the right level with standard TV channels. Is there any feature like the PS2 had where you can increase the PS3's volume output when playing a movie?

Not to hijack your thread... but I never knew there was a way with the PS2 to increase DVD playback. I have to crank my stereo up to hear it. Is there a way for the PS2 as well?

Not to hijack your thread... but I never knew there was a way with the PS2 to increase DVD playback. I have to crank my stereo up to hear it. Is there a way for the PS2 as well?

Yes, if I remember right. When playing a DVD, push Select and it's somewhere in there (been too long, can't remember exactly).. but I've got to hope there is a way within the PS3 playback to do this as well?

Using the controller, smart one. Not the optional remote. :whistle:

Makes sense. But I think I was mostly thinking about the guys post about the PS2, which I thought required a remote to even use the DVD feature? And the remote cost extra?