Final Fantasy XII hits Europe on Feb. 23

Final Fantasy XII hits Europe on Feb. 23

It's about bloody time news now, with Square Enix announcing the official release date for Final Fantasy XII in PAL territories. Arriving on February 23rd (that's 2007), role-playing fans in Europe are the last to receive a game rife with political intrigue, androgynous street urchins and bunny-eared vixens. We think that might actually be the description on the back of the box.

Joystiq

What can I say besides about bloody time too, I've been looking forward to a new one for ages.

That is sooner than I first heard, so I'm glad. Might not have time to beat X before it comes out though!! I'm not slow, I just only got the game at the beggining of the month :D

FFXII Looks not too bad. Im sure my sister will get it and then i can play it. I didnt enjoy FFX-2 much to be honest so i hope it is better than that.

FFXII Looks not too bad. Im sure my sister will get it and then i can play it. I didnt enjoy FFX-2 much to be honest so i hope it is better than that.

X-2 was horrible. XII was fantastic imho. Really great story. The best items are annoying to get, but luckily they are not required at all to go through the story. The only thing that bugged me was that I took way too many breaks to do side quests so I ended up grotesquely over-leveled, and that made the last portion of the game too easy.

You guys DON'T HAVE IT YET?! Wow that sucks..I thought games always had worldwide launches :s Anyways, you should all buy it..it rocks hard (Y)

Tell that to us UK lot that are still waiting for Wario Ware Twisted :(

And, wow, that's two major hits in Feburary now, the first being God of War 2!

only thing that sucked about the game was it was to hard to get money, and going after cid is to hard :/

waseasyier to import the game rather than wait a billion years for square to bring it out

now all i need them to do is go cross platform, hate buying a console just for one game

This is the hardest final fantasy by far, if you were not to farm for experience points, there is no way, im at judge bergan and i have probably farmed 20 levels just to beat the boses. ive given up.

This is the hardest final fantasy by far, if you were not to farm for experience points, there is no way, im at judge bergan and i have probably farmed 20 levels just to beat the boses. ive given up.

the sides missions like always get WAY harder than the story line. esp. the 13th summon. i got em all except that one cause its too damn hard.

the sides missions like always get WAY harder than the story line. esp. the 13th summon. i got em all except that one cause its too damn hard.

You should try Yiazmat and Omega Weapon MK II.

Zodiac is nothing compared to them.

I'm assuming you haven't played I-VI or any of the offshoots, because XII really isn't too difficult- even without level grinding.

I couldnt kill this monster thing in some dungeon! it was like a wall and had to kill it in a time limit! but i cudnt so i stopped playing it :)

Demon Wall. Which one? I didn't even attempt to fight the first one - wayyyy too powerful for my bunch but I was able to beat the second one on my second try. Physical attacks are key. Just go at it and use potions and cura like there's no tomorrow. Start off with quickenings and chain that sh*t up. You'll tear its ass up and beat it in no time.

Anyway, here are my thoughts. I do not think this is a Final Fantasy. Disagree if you must, but hear me out. For one, there is no love story. Summons are not really helpful like they were in the past games and the plot just isn't that great. I won't count X-2 as a Final Fantasy in this context, as it seemed to be just a rush product, but Square Enix could have done a hell of a lot more to this game to make it kick ass considering the time they had between it and X. As for the graphics, I am impressed. The cinematics and the cutscenes are gorgeous and only prove that there is still a good amount of life left in the PS2 and the power it has to offer. I even love the characters (most of them anyway), especially Balthier, but there are just certain elements that do not make this a Final Fantasy. Gil is extremely difficult to obtain as monsters do not drop any (when they do it's like 6) and because gil is so tight in this game it's hard to upgrade your characters' stats. The whole licensing thing is stupid, imo, but anyway...it's not a bad game and it's certainly addictive at some points but it's very easy to become discouraged. I think I yelled at Judge Ghis a few times for raping Fran (my healer) every damn time until I figured out I could use a Warp mote to banish his god damn minions from the battle so I could come at him straight away without dealing with them. So that's just what I think so far. I'm in Raithwall's Tomb at the moment so I'm not sure how far I'm into the game but my characters are around level 17.

P.S. I hope the princess dies. She is such a bitch.

Edited by h3xis

Demon Wall. Which one? I didn't even attempt to fight the first one - wayyyy too powerful for my bunch but I was able to beat the second one on my second try. Physical attacks are key. Just go at it and use potions and cura like there's no tomorrow. Start off with quickenings and chain that sh*t up. You'll tear its ass up and beat it in no time.

Anyway, here are my thoughts. I do not think this is a Final Fantasy. Disagree if you must, but hear me out. For one, there is no love story. Summons are not really helpful like they were in the past games and the plot just isn't that great. I won't count X-2 as a Final Fantasy in this context, as it seemed to be just a rush product, but Square Enix could have done a hell of a lot more to this game to make it kick ass considering the time they had between it and X. As for the graphics, I am impressed. The cinematics and the cutscenes are gorgeous and only prove that there is still a good amount of life left in the PS2 and the power it has to offer. I even love the characters (most of them anyway), especially Balthier, but there are just certain elements that do not make this a Final Fantasy. Gil is extremely difficult to obtain as monsters do not drop any (when they do it's like 6) and because gil is so tight in this game it's hard to upgrade your characters' stats. The whole licensing thing is stupid, imo, but anyway...it's not a bad game and it's certainly addictive at some points but it's very easy to become discouraged. I think I yelled at Judge Ghis a few times for raping Fran (my healer) every damn time until I figured out I could use a Warp mote to banish his god damn minions from the battle so I could come at him straight away without dealing with them. So that's just what I think so far. I'm in Raithwall's Tomb at the moment so I'm not sure how far I'm into the game but my characters are around level 17.

P.S. I hope the princess dies. She is such a bitch.

You shouldn't knock the story or the game at level 17 in raithwall's tomb, lol. The game is a lot like FFXI in terms of having to farm and sell stuff for money. Money is usually in abundance if you make sure to steal from every single monster and take some time to do some side quests and maybe a little leveling if you find a good area for it. For reference I was level 25-30 in raithwall's tomb, but I guess that just shows how much time I waste running around and exploring. I was hugely annoyed by vossler (and every other guest char until I got bubble) in that tomb because he was level 22 or 23 and had such low hp that he kept on dying. You can more than double your hp early in the game if you shoot for the hp+ spots on the license board. And get 3 quickenings on each char asap (you triple your mana and get incredible useful early game moves).

If you get atleast one quickening on 3 different characters and manage to chain together for an inferno (the weakest quickening), then judge ghis and his minions die in one hit :).

I loved this games story so much because finally at long last they made a great story that was based on something other than love. To me it was just refreshing, and after raithwall's tomb I thought the story moved at a great pace unless you intentionally slow it down with sidequests and leveling like I did at times.

If you manage to defeat the first Demon Wall in the Tomb of Raithwall, you could get the Demonsbane (as many as you want), a powerful sword at that time of the game. Later on, you could get the Deathbringer (as many as you want also, but more difficult) (and you don't need to defeat the first Demon Wall in the Tomb for the Deathbringer).

Both swords are really worth it, because they over level you.