MLB 2k7 for PS3 is broken - IGN

http://sports.ign.com/articles/757/757962p1.html

And now that we've gotten a chance to play both the PS3 and Xbox 360 builds, we have to admit, the direction of the game is as authentic as Zito's jelly-leggin' 12-6 curve.
One thing about location and gameplay that's missing on the PS3, though, is the ability to feel the location of your pitches through the rumble. Obviously, there is no rumble on the PS3 controller, so how are you supposed to hide your location from the batter by using the rumble to know when you're out of the strike zone? IGN's own Hilary Goldstein brought this up during the demo and it was something I never even thought about before, but he's right. PS3 owners are going to have a hell of a time hiding their pitch location in 2-player contests unless 2K comes up with a new way for pitchers to know when they're moving out of the zone.
The 360 version simply looks better. The colors pop. The animations, at this point, run smoother. So much for spending $600.

To top it off, while full 30-man online leagues will be available on the 360, right now the PS3 plan is for up to 12-man leagues (although the team is pushing hard to get 30-man teams in the PS3 version as well, but it might be too much to ask).

What do you get if you're a PS3 owner? You get the ability to swing your bat by pushing the controller forward in a motion like you're sliding the soup back to the waiter because you just found a fly in your minestrone. First swing I took with the PS3 controller, I hit a homerun. Does that mean it's too easy? We'll wait and see, but something like this, in my opinion, would be better off left to the homerun derby. If you're preaching authenticity, it seems contradictory to then all of a sudden tell people that they have hold the controller flat out in front of their body then push it forward to swing. At least when you're playing Wii Sports, you're swinging the controller like a bat. Here, something about the experience just seems awkward. You can keep the soup.

You wonder why softball/baseball games were never popular huh...

Sounds like it's the PS3 causing issues, not the game. I'll be getting a 360 because of this game.

Sounds like it's the PS3 causing issues, not the game. I'll be getting a 360 because of this game.

Out of all games there are that makes you get a system, you pick this one? :unsure:

Out of all games there are that makes you get a system, you pick this one? :unsure:

Oh you should know full well people have different tastes. I could say the same thing to every single person buying a PS3 just for MGS4 without batting an eye.

-Spenser

Looks like all the sports games that I'll buy will be for the 360. Lack of vibration is the main reason. I love "feeling" the road in racing, the bumps you get playing basketball, and the crack of a bat on aball.

If the PS3's version is as lame as this article states, I won't buy sports games for the PS3. I have to try MLB 2K7 on each system first though.

i never realised how much rumble really adds to a game until you go and play with out it, my friend has a ps3 and i couldnt stand playing any type of FPS with out that feel of the gun

i never realised how much rumble really adds to a game until you go and play with out it, my friend has a ps3 and i couldnt stand playing any type of FPS with out that feel of the gun

I agree, it's something you don't notice alot of the time until it's no longer there. And it feels so wrong without it. It's a shame Sony decided to remove it, they must have known it was a desired feature by gamers, surely?

Oh you should know full well people have different tastes. I could say the same thing to every single person buying a PS3 just for MGS4 without batting an eye.

-Spenser

I was cracking on bangbang because I know he loves baseball ;)

I was cracking on bangbang because I know he loves baseball ;)

Lol very much so. Three more week until spring training starts ;). I'm stoked.

One thing about location and gameplay that's missing on the PS3, though, is the ability to feel the location of your pitches through the rumble. Obviously, there is no rumble on the PS3 controller, so how are you supposed to hide your location from the batter by using the rumble to know when you're out of the strike zone? IGN's own Hilary Goldstein brought this up during the demo and it was something I never even thought about before, but he's right. PS3 owners are going to have a hell of a time hiding their pitch location in 2-player contests unless 2K comes up with a new way for pitchers to know when they're moving out of the zone.

A prime example of how Sony sorely underrated the rumble feature. :no: