Bloomberg: Sony profits could fall 50 percent

Like I stated in my other post, I have yet to see an PS3 on the shelf at Target, BestBuy, Circuit City or CompUSA and while I don't live in the huge city, I don't live in hicksville either. Does that mean it's a huge seller or that there is still a shortage? See how anecdotal evidence works; I can support either viewpoint with what I have seen. I'll take sales numbers seriously when NPD publishes, anything else is just opinion.

Maybe it means the stores wised up and stopped ordering them because of the crappy sales. ;)

I've seen them on store shelves, and I live in a large city. Next time, ask a clerk if he has any.

If Sony can't produce enough units, people complain.

If Sony can produce enough units, people complain.

They are hated because they're on top, just like Microsoft is with operating systems.

They are hated because they're on top, just like Microsoft is with operating systems.

Hooray for fanboy bile.

Sony might be on top....................of the bottom, they have a LONG way to go to catch up to the Wii and 360.

Well, vocal people in this forum has pretty much decided on which console they support.

And if you look hard enough, you'll find something to complain about.

Sony might be on top....................of the bottom, they have a LONG way to go to catch up to the Wii and 360.

You say that as if the Wii and 360 (and PS3) are the only consoles on the market ;)

blah de blah apocolypse blah end of sony blah

NOT happening: Worst case scenario-sony have to ditch their computer entertainment devision. (unlikely)

then again....

You say that as if the Wii and 360 (and PS3) are the only consoles on the market ;)

Not including handheld, what other ones are there? And we're talking next-gen here.

He's probably talking about the PS2, which is still outselling every other home console in most of the world. Indeed, it's not a bad idea to keep it on the market until Sony can lower the PS3 price to a more reasonable amount.

I'm a casual gamer and am probably going to keep my PS2 for the forseeable future. I can't think of any game on want to play more than God of War II and finishing FFX 12 right now anyways. I haven't see any 360, Wii or PS3 game that says Wow! buy me anyways. They're all the same now.

I don't see the Wii as a PS3 killer, it will oustell both of the hi def consoles by a wide margin at that price, but it doesn't mean the PS3 or 360 are in trouble. The only questions that have to be answered is will the novelty wear off of "ooooh, I'm really bowling" and will lack of HD support come back to bite Nintendo. I'd also have to ask how many bad games will get pushed onto the Wii being sold on the "intuitive, real life control" that will wear thin quickly. Before you come back with a bunch of theory about why that won't happen I say just look at the DS, tons of games, mostly crap as the GameBoy selection has always been.

And I still don't see the 360 as being a better deal with the added cost of Live, being nickled and dime to death on Marketplace and a $200 add on for HD-DVD. Of course none of this means the PS3 will suddenly take off, but if the game selection gets better I think it will do just fine.

Serioulsy, there are several people in this thread who keep tossing the "fanboy" bomb when honestly it's pretty clear who the "fanboys" are.