PS3 Kiosk is really a Xbox360!

The image above was snapped by Flickr user, hiredgoon. The photo was taken in a Harvey Norman store, an electronics chain based in Australia. It seems innocuous enough. Just an ordinary PS3 display to promote the machine for pre-order. Nothing special, right? That's what we thought, too. Let's take a closer look, shall we?

Wait a minute. That's not a real PS3, it's just a cutout. Still, the PS3 hasn't been released down under, so it makes sense that they wouldn't have a real one to put on display. But wait, there's something underneath it. Maybe this deserves further investigation.

Alright, alright. Hold on. Something is fishy here. We can't put our finger on it, but there is something damned familiar about the stand that's holding up that cutout. Let's look closer still.

Why, that fake PS3 stand is an Xbox 360. Scandalous! What's more, the 360 is obviously connected to some kind of display. Is Harvey Norman running PS3 promotional material on an Xbox 360? Or worse, are they trying to pass off 360 games as PS3 games? Whatever the case, it's pretty funny and we thank hiredgoon for his investigative spirit. Have any of our Aussie readers seen similar displays?

Images at the source: http://www.xbox360fanboy.com//2007/02/15/p...ou-spot-the-360

hahahaha!

Edited by NeoFlux

well thats one odd kiosk because i know at my compusa, I was put in charge of setting up our ps3 and it was a kit that came with a 60g ps3 + the display unit. No 360, but note the console was a "retail preview" model.

It's obviously just playing a DVD, so the store probably reached for the first device that would fit the cut out best. Not the wisest choice, but it's not that big of a deal.

It's obviously just playing a DVD, so the store probably reached for the first device that would fit the cut out best. Not the wisest choice, but it's not that big of a deal.

It might not be a big deal, but it's still funny! :p

I bet it is a joke by an employee at the store, no store out there keeps a system out in the wild for people to touch and see unless behind a glass cover. The Sony store did it here at one of it is locations but that was a non-demo Playstation 3 that was playing BD.

I found it quite disturbing to be honest

(Note : I am an xbox360 owner myself and have no plans of buying a PS3)

why not? i own both and I must say the PS3 makes an excellent PS2 :rolleyes:

seriously i beat Resistance, I play it sometimes, but overall the games on the system are crap right now this early in it's life and I'm really looking forward to some good ps3 games because there's nothing out there now.

i was gonna say usually they do this to show off new games, but since the system isn't read yet they display the next closest thing to outputting the same display... like microsoft did with xbox360, they were using 2 G5 computers. but there is no excuse for this, PS3 is already released...

funny or is it possible that someone could put ps3 stuff over where 360 section and take a picture then take it down?

either way, the assassin's creed still is the funny one.

What, and put two huge PS3 advertisements underneath it?

That's pretty funny. I can only begin to imagine the reaction on a Sony manager's face if he or she saw those pictures :p

Knowing Sony, they would be convinced it's actually a PS3 in disguise.

i was gonna say usually they do this to show off new games, but since the system isn't read yet they display the next closest thing to outputting the same display... like microsoft did with xbox360, they were using 2 G5 computers. but there is no excuse for this, PS3 is already released...

Its not down under; where the pictures were taken ;)