Got My PS3... its great!

People with enough money have to be buying the system with completely blind fanboyism.... The only reason this is selling is because it has the word "Playstation" in the name.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt the PS3 play SACD discs and maybe even DVD-A? Even If it does one of those, the core PS3 bundle is for me worth its weight in GOLD. An affordable player that plays both Blu Ray and SACD for some audio geeks like me is a decent enough perk to invest in one.

Now I have to wait for the company who built my preamp to offer an HDMI upgrade so I can actually use it.

I have a confession, I was a bit of a 360 fanboy until yesterday, I didn't really expect the PS3 to be so good!

Its awesome! Wireless and bluetooth built in is great, built in chargers in the pads, touch screen eject and power buttons, the general shinyness, the fact that the transformer is in the box rather than a big exta, I get ****ed off carrying around my 360 PSU.

Im really starting to think that PS3 is much better value for money, in Japan its actually only ?253 compared to the ?425 I paid over here.

The thing is, I really can see ?253 quids worth of kit.

I look at my 360 now and I realise that I paid ?60 extra for the hard drive, 32.99 for a wireless pad, 69.99 for a wireless adapter, 20 on a memory card...

The list goes on and on, Sony have had the decency to stick it all in one pretty parcel. Its ashame they lost so many exclusives due to the delays... but all taken into consideration, I think the 360 has really dented the market, but still, I think in a years time, it will be but a mere dent in the shadow of this mighty machine!

As of today... I am converted! PS3 > X360

Look, its only been out a couple months, 360 was even worse for games when it came out.

I remember the only decent thing I had was condemned and PGR 3, King Kong and PDZ were a load of pants.

PS3 I'm playing Resistance (Great), Virtua Fighter (Great), Fight Night (Great) and Genji (Great)

Truesay I will be a bit bored once I've done them but something will come along.

Really, you lot who are slagging it off, I was in your position like a week ago. If you take the time to get one and get to know it, its an absoloute blast, I've unplugged my 360.... crackdown was making me want to 'crack up' through shear repetitiveness.

And as for the issue with buying the core 360, it was my only option as they had sold out in UK. Even with the premium though, it was nearly 300 on release and you still had to buy a live membership and a play and charge kit... that tots up to like 60 quid, so what you get a free month. Sony's entire service is free!

Not to mention that the PS3 just feels like a really polished piece of kit, everything about it is sophisticated. It looks like its worth ?400

Also, it plays blue ray etc right out the box, you gotta pay ?120 for a HD DVD player for the 360, so all in all, the price of a fully functional 360 with wireless and HD DVD OUTWEIGHS that of a PS3!

I'm sorry but really I think that you guys slagging them off dont even own a PS3 and are just going through the motions like I was, I really saw no better alternative to my 360 a week ago, now I'm in love with a shiny black stealth bomber looking thing!

Glad you like your new console.

You will need to be patient that's all I got to say about good games.. I personally plan on a Xenon because of the selection of games. It's all what your into, if you feel like your purchase was a worthy one then it is..

If its true then by next year it will have some good games that are coming out just like for the 360, Developers are just learning the platform of how CELL works.

Grats on your purchase ... the only thing I could have suggested was to wait until the PS3 has a lot better games out. Don't get me wrong, I own all three systems (I didn't really WANT a PS3, I won it in a contest), and the one I never play is the PS3. Resistance is great, but not great enough to keep coming back to. Mind you, when games do start coming out for this system, I think they will be awesome - it's just when.

Glad you like it and it wasn't a 'waste' of money.

Also I believe that in a firmware update (or something) that is supposedly being released for the Europe launch, they will update it so that it has background downloading features and such.

My brother is getting one for launch - not sure what game he is getting with it but I think he is going with RFOM and also Motorstorm, both great games by the looks of things.

The game I am waiting for is MGS4, I love the whole MGS series and I simply cannot wait until the next one roles along. (Even though it will be a while till it does :()

Sorry bangbang.

The game I am waiting for is MGS4, I love the whole MGS series and I simply cannot wait until the next one roles along. (Even though it will be a while till it does

Indeed i'm anxiously waiting for MGS 4 will be great to finally see the end of the story...I think it is anyway unless raiden replaces snake in MGS 5 or somthing lol. I will have to play the games in sequence once it comes out just to make sure I got whole story straight (MGS3-MGS1-MGS2). on that note too I need to get portable ops for psp :D