How to tell if ReadyBoost speeds up my system?

Hi

I implemented ReadyBoost last week.

It's a specific readyboost high speed 2gb stick. I also have 2gb of RAM so used the full stick (well about 1840meg as recommended on the implementation screen)

I've not noticed an increase in performance.

Is there anything I can do to test if there is a hidden increase in performance.

As if not I'll use my nice new USB stick for storage.

Cheers guys.

lol I don't notice any speed increase at all.

I was wondering if there are any hidden increases that I don't notice and if theres any way to tell

lol I don't notice any speed increase at all.

I was wondering if there are any hidden increases that I don't notice and if theres any way to tell

To check if ReadyBoost is being utilised, you can check the Resource Monitor. Look for something like this.

readyboost_res1.jpg

Ok, you said you have 2GB of RAM? Well then Readyboost wont really make a diffrence. Readyboost is there to make the UI faster and more responsive, and because you have 2GB of RAM the entire UI is loaded in System Memory anyway, so, you wont notice a diffrence untill you do something like a 11GB 3D-CAD Project.

Ok, you said you have 2GB of RAM? Well then Readyboost wont really make a diffrence. Readyboost is there to make the UI faster and more responsive, and because you have 2GB of RAM the entire UI is loaded in System Memory anyway, so, you wont notice a diffrence untill you do something like a 11GB 3D-CAD Project.

Oh ok :)

pointless me using it then isn't it.

Thanks for the advice guys

It's helps lessen hard disk access more importantly. Especially useful for laptops which have slower drives. My HDD access (even w/ 2GB) was getting annoying until I used ready boost. It's mainly due to the file caching Vista uses for searches etc.