Photo

Group Key Update Interval causing disconnects

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ObiWanToby

ObiWanToby

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 April 2007 - 20:16

I use voip a lot, like Skype, and I randomly got dropped calls. This happens every hour. ex, x:22 so at every 22 after the disconnects happen. I changed my Group Key Update Interval to 7200 seconds from the 3200 seconds and now it happens every 2 hours. So I am assuming this is causing the disconnects. It last just a second, and it doesn't say the Access point signal is lost, it just is interupted. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have a DGL-4300 1.6, and an Atheros AR5006X. Thanks!

I'm using the latest drivers from http://www.atheros.c...s...6G&system=3

The card is an Abit Airpace WIFI, based on the AR5006X.

#2 ccuk

ccuk

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 April 2007 - 13:26

I use voip a lot, like Skype, and I randomly got dropped calls. This happens every hour. ex, x:22 so at every 22 after the disconnects happen. I changed my Group Key Update Interval to 7200 seconds from the 3200 seconds and now it happens every 2 hours. So I am assuming this is causing the disconnects. It last just a second, and it doesn't say the Access point signal is lost, it just is interupted. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have a DGL-4300 1.6, and an Atheros AR5006X. Thanks!

I'm using the latest drivers from http://www.atheros.c...s...6G&system=3

The card is an Abit Airpace WIFI, based on the AR5006X.

Have you tried using the genuine drivers from abit?

http://www.abit.com......irPace Family

#3 S7un7

S7un7

Neowinian

Posted 02 April 2007 - 13:43

I had better luck letting windows manage my card. Atheros client utility is nice, but it always gave me problems. If you are letting Windows manage it then try ACU. The drivers Atheros provides I've never had problems with, but you can also try using Abit's drivers.

#4 ccuk

ccuk

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 April 2007 - 13:45

I had better luck letting windows manage my card. Atheros client utility is nice, but it always gave me problems. If you are letting Windows manage it then try ACU. The drivers Atheros provides I've never had problems with, but you can also try using Abit's drivers.

This was my thinking and the reason for recommending the abit drivers. Vista is still a bit of a pain when it comes to drivers, I know the wifi is one of the most troublesome areas.

I hope the original poster posts back and lets us know the outcome.

#5 OP ObiWanToby

ObiWanToby

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:48

CCUK, I've tried the Official Abit drivers. I think they do help. I have also updated my router firmware to 1.8 (just came out). All seems to be good now.

However, I do get a lot of DHCP activity.

Posted Image

The lease time is 1440 minutes, the default, so that can't be the issue, and the connection seems to be stable, so it really isn't doing anything.

Other than that, this card has been a nice little PCIe Wifi card.

Edited by Intelman, 12 April 2007 - 03:54.

#6 ccuk

ccuk

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:46

Glad it's working now :)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!