Background Intelligent Transfer Service will not start on Vista Ultima

I can not get Background Intelligent Transfer Service to start on my vista ultimate.It will not let me update windows without it started but i get this error saying Windows could not start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service on local computer ERROR 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start.not matter what i do it will not start.The only hardware i have installed recently was a new printer.Please help me resolve this issue thank you.

Make sure these services are enabled, started, and set to automatic startup:

COM+ Event System

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

DCOM Server Process Launcher

Then try and start the service again

Make sure these services are enabled, started, and set to automatic startup:

COM+ Event System

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

DCOM Server Process Launcher

Then try and start the service again

Wow thanks man it was the COM+Event system that was disabled and off that solved it..Once again thank for your help.+1 to you.Mods you can lock this thread if you want now.

• 2 years later...

I have 2 errors on my Vista system. 1. TV guide will not update (Windows Error Code: 3). 2. Windows Update fails. I have not been able to get Windows Update since 11/25/2008!

Doing some research I have figured out the issue (i think) - background intelligent transfer service is not running. What I have tried so far:

1. Start -> My Computer -> Manage -> Service -> BITS -> Start. When I try and start the service I get a yellow bang dialog box that says "The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service on Local Computer started and ten stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

2. I have checked and the dependent service (Terminal Services, Remote Procedure Call (RPC), System Event Notification, Windows Management Instrumentation, COM+ Event System, DCOM Server Process Launcher) ALL these services are running, automatically.

3. Downloaded Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - June 2009 and scanned the system. No infected files found.

4. Downloaded the BITS fixup tool (Windows6.0-KB940520-x86-ENU.exe) and got an dialog box that says "BITS repair is not required currently."

5. Downloaded Windows Update Standalone Installer (Windows6.0-KB939159-x86.exe) and it simply says it's not a valid program on the machine...

Any advice on what I should do, please?