What can i do?

lo all.

This is my 2nd try to get an apple.

The first time i had the money for an emac. but suddenly my car dead. :(

So 2nd time:

I can buy an ibook 12.1" combo, like jason :), an emac combo or an imac 15" 700 Combo. i will buy this in rates. about 60$ per Month.

I have currently a P4 1,9, 640 RAMBUS, Geforce 4 ti 4600.

Yes, i am a gamer. I play Counter-Strike (no HL Binaries for Mac :no:).

I thought, it would be make sense, when i'm going to play on my pc and for all the other things, like irc, icq, movies, mails, browsing around, i will use the mac.

I'm a trainee atm = no much money :cry:

so my question is, what kind of mac i should buy?? i prefer the emac and imac. the ibook isn't good for permanently working @ home.

2nd question: Do i need to buy a mac at all? I'm playing every day league wars.

I dunno, my brain is washed by u. :blush:

I don't know if i stay @ my xp box or i should use both.

An apple is expensive for a trainee like me.

Thx in advance

ps.: ahh yeah. on both (emac and imac) there is a gf2 mx. isn't this a bit slow for new games like warcraft 3 or quake 3? Also i have no money to buy ms office x for mac, what alternatives are there?

ps.: ahh yeah. on both (emac and imac) there is a gf2 mx. isn't this a bit slow for new games like warcraft 3 or quake 3?

Lol, a new game like quake3 huh?

I would get a laptop then, I really want a powerbook myself to compliment my PC and it seems almost worh a ibook just for the portable DVD function, let alone a full functioning computer as well.

Since you play games though in my opinion buying a imac or emac would be a waste of your money. The hardware in the mac world just progresses at a snails pace, and your really really limited at upgrade potential, so you'd be stuck buying a new mac every couple years for thier premium price just to keep up, where as on the pc you can swap any part. If I was going to get something that had almost no upgradability it'd be a laptop.

So thats my 2 reasons for getting a laptop.

Have you looked at apples referbished stuff.

Don't know whether you can get a loan with apple on one of these, But you could get finance elsewhere.

Stick with the PC or get a console for games.

I've got an Imac 15" comming sometime today. Got 25% discount and the normal warenty for it being referb. Plus I reckon it should have been tested more then a new one.

If you would use a laptop get an Ibook, the battery life is excelent. Or if you want games on the move. try Dell.

If your not sure, get a cheap one. If you don't like it sell it, they tend to hold their value more then PCs so you would not loose much. If you do you can replace it.

Hope this Help,

Chris

if you want/need portability: get an ibook, the ibook is pretty sweet :), but of course it could be better

if you want a computer with a compact design, get an imac, theyre a very beautiful machine

or if you want a more affordable machine, get the mac, if you dont mind crt screen, its a good buy....

but a warning i have is that WAIT till mid january since the new imacs/emacs are expected to be released then, up to 1Ghz, and possibly 'all GeForce4 MX' models, and the emac might have lots of the crt screen problems fixed

Actually, see about getting a credit card with a better interest rate than the apple loan. The number they give on the site isn't neccessarily the rate they'll give you. Plus, your chances for a CC are probably better :)

I'm only paying 10.99% APR vs. the 14.99% Apple offered (which also had a higher monthly payment...)

welcome, ive had experience with all different types of macs (emacs/all different kinds of imacs/all different kinds of powermacs/ibooks), and if you get atleast 512 megs of ram on the computer, u will be very happy with what you got :D, it basically goes down to how much you want to spend on the mac, and what you need it for, i would have chosen a G4 iMac, but i knew it wasnt a good time to buy an imac...although it probably wont get any cheaper unless they end up keeping a 15" model in the next revision, and i did lots of reading of peoples oppinions of their new macs (mainly on huge mac sites and apple's support forums), and i chose the ibook since out of the emac, imac, and ibook, it seemed as if very few people were having problems with their ibook, while emac/imac users were having screen/optical drive problems, but the snow ibook has been around since '00 or '01 so apple has had lots of time to make fixes on the computer since then, and hopefully in the upcoming revision of imacs/emacs the screen problems with both emacs/imacs are fixed (although problems with the screens on those comps were only affecting a very small amount of people).

since your a gamer, as u said, it would be better to wait, friends of mine are telling me that all the upcoming emacs/imacs will have a GeForce4 mx card (if i havent said so in my last post), i wouldnt be suprised if many of the imacs/emacs have 64mb vram

no matter what mac you get, you will be happy with what u get :), although gaming isnt even near as good on a mac as a pc :(

Actually, see about getting a credit card with a better interest rate than the apple loan. The number they give on the site isn't neccessarily the rate they'll give you. Plus, your chances for a CC are probably better :)

I'm only paying 10.99% APR vs. the 14.99% Apple offered (which also had a higher monthly payment...)

hehe timdorr.

not really.

i won't order my mac at apple. i'm ordering @ a german internet shop. they are about 300 ? cheaper than apple store.

and about the CC. VISA and AMEX -> ACCESS DENIED :laugh:h:

they don't give me a CC. but maybe MASTERCAR:D:D

to silver:

thanks for you long text:):)

very interesting. i also thought to buy an ibook:/:/ but dunno

we'll see. thanks to all

I personally like the iBook for price/performance value; however, you mentioned you wanted more of a desktop like system. In that case I suggest the iMac over the eMac. The eMac is nice, but in order to keep costs down Apple has been forced to cut a few corners that they normally don't cut (given, it's still higher quality than a Dell in my opinion, but not up to Apple standards.) The iMac costs a wee bit more, but in my opinion it's worth it.

That being said, Silver is right, Macworld is right around the corner. The Stevenote is Jan 7th, so wait the two weeks and see what Apple has up their sleeve. Although I don't think we will see a huge revision of the eMac or iMac line, you never know.

Since you can get a good iBook for $999, it might be worth taking a second look at that line. It's not a bad laptop. As for going with Apple, it's a good choice. You will love OS X and will truly enjoy the time and thought that not only go into the OS, but the hardware design and even the way they pack the box. It's amazing!

-SD