Failed my driving test :(

Mine wasn't difficult at all instructor got in the car(mine not a two wheeled frankenmobile) he immediately flipped on the airconditioning(he looked like a lazy bum, and it was hot) I pulled into the parallel parking cones backed passed that with flying colors. I exited the fairgrounds after noticing that it was a one way street out to the road I told him that he's like ehh doesn't matter. Went down the road turned left went down a one way turned around via a alleyway went down the road towards the fairgrounds parked he said passed and exited the car. My mom was the most nerveracked person I played it cool and calm. Depends on your instructor mine either was either being very lazy because it was hot or could see I was a compotent enough driver that he didn't need me to do this and that for him.

When I got my license five years ago, I just had my parents observe me. I only went into the department of public safety to take a computer test to get my license. I didn't have to pass any driving tests. That's how it is over here in America though. Wish it would be stricter, people drive like maniacs here in Austin, Texas. Especially around the university. I got hit by a car who didn't stop for a crosswalk with lit warning signs and lights that were on the actual pavement. The person that was driving would have to be blind to not see me. Luckily they were going slow. Unfortunately for them they had their license revoked.

why i failed the first time..

there was another traffic light across the intersection, but without the sign.

second time i passed with 3 or 4 minors.. bull****, limit line errors.

I failed my last 2, one was someone came speeding up to me and apparently that was my fault, other one was someone tried to over take me on a straight road... and he failed me :s very odd, its harder where i live because the instructors are so corrupt trying to meet there rates :(

I failed my last 2, one was someone came speeding up to me and apparently that was my fault, other one was someone tried to over take me on a straight road... and he failed me :s very odd, its harder where i live because the instructors are so corrupt trying to meet there rates :(

Only way he could have failed you on both occasions is if

a) you were going to slow

b) you were at the speed limit and the other cars were speeding, examinor didnt see what speed you were at so thought you were going slow.

either way the examinors suck.

Got my next driving test booked again next month... but I don't even want to drive anymore really, because I was involved in a pretty serious car accident on Tuesday (not me driving). Scared the ever living **** out of me, and it hurt. It's something you just can't explain unless you've experienced it. I saw the car speeding towards us and everything... it happened within seconds of me seeing it, obviously there was nothing I could do about it. Both cars are write-offs.. it was hard to watch my friends Alfa 156 be towed away... but cars can be replaced.

Everyone was OK apart from aching and bruising but it's really made me think about driving and the danger it can involve... you can be a perfect driver but with other people there's always the risk they'll run a red light or something (which is how the accident was caused).

I'll get over it though, at least everyone was OK. If it happened just half a second sooner it could have been fatal... :|

Any driving test stories/experiences/tips?

Tip: Calm down before you take the test.

I was very nervious too, my legs were also shaking, but I calmed myself down before the test, and I got through with just 2 minor's !

Like everyone here has said, calm and a relaxed state of mind are vital for driving tests. Dont stress what might happen. Its when you are nervous that you make the most mistakes. Deep breath, maybe a little something to drink before hand, and just let it flow naturally. I was very nervous 2 months ago too, but I relaxed and I passed with flying colors. Given this is in the US, but I doubt its much difference between you guys (Aside from the side where the wheel is, heh). Good luck for next time and be confident!

P.S. When I drive, I keep my eyes straight forward. It might not work for everyone, but I drive great like that. I use my peripheral vision to see things beside me. Hope that works!

I passed first time, but I did get 11 minors! 10 Driving faluts and I got one of the questions wrong. To be honest I thought I had failed when sitting in the car waiting for the result. I was well pleased when he said I passed, it does help if you chat to your instructor, I was making jokes with him etc, also calms you down.

I was gutted about my 10 driving faluts though, but they were not serious ones, I think I got 1 for going too slow, another for failing to check the center mirror while breaking etc, so I'm not too fussed. I was lucky also, my Examiner took me on a road that went on for ages, not a single car on it, 30MPH speed limit. Took a good 15minutes of just driving, so it all comes down to the day really.

I did the same as you!

Passed 1st time with 11 minors.

Actually thought I had failed about half way through, drove a lot more comfortably after that.

I haven't taken the license test yet, but when I took driver's ed I had to take a driving test as the final exam, I failed it like 4 times, I actually got closest to passing the first time, then I got worse and worse.

no worries. I failed twice. lol got it on the third time.

it's your adrenaline that's making you anxious. just relax because it's not the end of the world if you fail. just keep your eye on the end result. :D

i thought i'd pass the test easily.

i had pretty much learned how to drive playing Cruis'n USA in arcades.

we started the test, and immediately i failed.

why?

the instructor said i went through a stop sign. i never saw a stop sign. i dont think anyone could see it. it was hidden in tree limbs. i looked behind the car, and could barely see the back of a sign partially exposed through some tree limbs and leaves.

that was a lawsuit in the waiting for the city. the instructor knew about it though. he knew the area. he didnt warn me, and he obviously didnt warn the city.

he was an ######.

The US testing is very easy compared to what I've been hearing about other countries (graduated licensing system? Amazing, but I can see why...)

I actually don't know how I did. I was just happy that I got my license. What is strange about how I got mine is the fact that my driving permit expired, so I had to wait until I was 18 years of age to even take my driver's test. The first time I did it though, I got my license. Maybe it helped that the licensing location was 45 minutes away from closing time; they might have just wanted to get me out of the way, so I wouldn't bug them just before they close. Whatever the case, the US test was simple. The "written" (computerized kiosk) and driving tests together took about 30 minutes, including wait time between the two tests.

Relax and just drive. Stay alert and, of course, make sure you follow the rules of the road. Many rules occur all together at once, so you may be driving correctly and satisfying a bunch of requirements at once. :)

Edited by gohankid77

I though I had failed my test when some jackass almost hit me when turing a corner. I guess I was lucky the instructer realized that its not my fault he was driving way too fast.

I thought I d passed first time. But i had two minors and a major. Major was for pulling out in front of another learner driver. However i am certain she/he allowed me to pull out.

My second test i was a nervous wreck. I did pass....9 minors. They always say second time passers are always better drivers! :D... im sure your get it this time mate...good luck. Calm yourself. Your ll be fine (Y)

Yeah don't worry about it man, I failed 2x on my test, but I had a real ######, then the time I passed was the worst of the three. Some of it is just chance, so don't be too hard on yourself. You will pass eventually, although it feels like a huge monkey on your back.

My biggest tip is to talk to the instructor and gain a relationship with him/her. When a person has gained a relationship with you they will be much more likely to let a few little things go than if you just sit there silent and nervous the whole time. On my 3rd test I forced myself to talk as much as I could, talked about the instructors kids, hobbies, etc. Talk about sports, your likes and dislikes anything that you can think of. Just don't talk during intersections though, they don't like that.

Other than that, just try to be confident and say to yourself, this time I WILL pass.

Great confidence posting (Y)

Passing the driving test in the states is simple, I have a few friends that have passed it and you have to suck to not pass. In Canada and UK it's quite difficult.

Its not hard to get your G2 class license in ontario. Its a 10-15 minute test (depends on traffic and lights ect). They check to see if you mirror check, signal, blind spot check ect ect. Parking and stuff is a breeze. Its happens very rarely for your examiner to ask you to parallel park.

I go for my G2 in 5 days :D

I almost failed mine because the driving instructor told me I didn't use my parking brake.. so I told her I didn't know what or where the parking brake was. She told me she shouldn't even pass me for making that statement but she did anyway. :)

You don't start learning to drive until you've passed your test.

Truer words were never spoken. I've learnt far more driving on my own than I ever did in lessons. I passed second time any who. I failed my first test because I had a white van man up my backside and I slammed my brakes on at a set of lights that were on amber and he nearly hit me. He shouldn't have been up my ass in the first place though. To make things worse my second test was with the guy who failed me the first time. :wacko:

I made it at my first try but I had one mistake, when I reversed at the navigation test station I ran over a con ;).

But except from that everything went great. I had winter conditions and the roads where damn icey so I'm glad I passed it. :)

I almost failed mine because the driving instructor told me I didn't use my parking brake.. so I told her I didn't know what or where the parking brake was. She told me she shouldn't even pass me for making that statement but she did anyway. :)

:wacko: