Has the Ring of Death ever happened to you?

Ring of Death Poll  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had the Ring of Death

• Yes
    • No

No, not yet.

But something tells me I will experience the RROD soon just in time for the Halo 3 launch :o

knock on wood knock on wood knock on wood knock on wood knock on wood knock on wood knock on wood

Yes, although since my warranty was up and I thought it would be fun, I opened it up and removed the x-clamps and cleaned up the heatsinks. It works now perfectly by the way with no issues since.

Nope never got it, however I am getting dirty disc errors on perfectly fine games (no scratches)... oddly only games rented from Blockbuster or Gamefly, not my own.

Nope never got it, however I am getting dirty disc errors on perfectly fine games (no scratches)... oddly only games rented from Blockbuster or Gamefly, not my own.

Corrupted data?

Corrupted data?

I cleared the cache for the game, so I doubt it... but who knows... It's just like my life, weird issues... :p

twice now, both in well ventilated areas. One was while playing Forza which was permanent, and now I get intermittent ones (after about ten minutes of playing or as soon as I turn on).

Getting hacked off now as the replacement one they sent me was quite recent (june 2007)

Wow..this is pretty bad.. well what a hell..if it happens..I'll send mine, go pick up a new one for 2-3 weeks and then return it when I get my old one back :) How disguisting and deceitful it is from me to do that.

It's a credible option, don't you think? Still waiting on a return? :rolleyes:

It depends really when you say credible since they have pretty much fixed new 360s. No mine is working just fine thank you and i have had it just over a year.

Once. I went to Circuit City to pick up my Xbox 360, got it home, carefully unwrapped it, turned it on.... and RROD :(

Went back the next day, exchanged it, got the new one home, and it is currently sitting under my 32" HDTV :)