• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 nvllsvm

nvllsvm

Neowinian Senior

• 1,593 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:50

Straight vodka is better. Not a fan of the whisky taste.

#32 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,790 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:38

I love having a few vodkas when I'm out with the girls on a Friday nigh...

Oh, wait, I have a penis. Whisk(e)y

#33 xpablo

xpablo

XPablo

• 2,924 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:06

Vodka when chilled will have very little taste, whiskey on the other hand has an abundance of flavor.

All whiskeys are different, I personally think all vodka are the same well except for Polar Ice & Grey Goose.

I prefer Rye whiskey neat, (straight with Ice), not really into scotch.

#34 +zhiVago

zhiVago

Pax Orbis

• 9,319 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:40

Don't drink either of those. They are both poisonous because it's ethanol mixed with water and flavours.

The formula for ethanol is CH3CH2OH.

Any chemist will tell you that it doesn't matter what kind of ingredients you use: be it quality grains or wood sawdusts - you still gonna get the same result. So, obviously, the greedy corporations go the easy route and use the cheapest possible production method.

If you want something strong, drink homemade moonshine, cider, or schnapps - these are naturally fermented drinks.

#35 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,518 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:51

Smirnoff red label smells like straight up hand sanitizer lol, I had about half a bottle last night.

#36 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,700 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:53

While visiting the Great Smoky Mountains N.P. we stopped in Gatlinburg, TN and sampled (and purchased) some of this...good drinkin'.

http://www.olesmokymoonshine.com/

Posted Image

#37 brownlee

brownlee

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:16

I would prefer Vodka and My favorite is Grey goose vodka..I like whiskey too but if i will have to choose the one ,I will go for vodka..

#38 DigitalManifestations

DigitalManifestations

Neowinian Senior

• 1,621 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:27

No vodka can compare to a well aged single malt scotch whiskey.

Good Vodka is better than Whiskey every single time, try some Stolichnaya Gold it's about 75 a bottle so you may want to buy a few shots at a bar to try it first. And I assume Whiskey is easier on you because of the different fermenting techniques used with Whiskey and Vodka.

You know what's funny, is I feel there are way more mid-range bourbons that taste better than most vodkas but the high end vodkas have a more pleasant taste than most bourbons that aren't crazy expensive. Aside from Titos, which you can get for 18 bucks, I can't think of any Vodka sub-50 dollars that is worth sipping on. Great in martinis though! I love both drinks.

No vodka can compare to a well aged single malt scotch whiskey.

I agree with this. My first bit was thinking strictly of bourbon, which I really enjoy but not as much as a good scotch whiskey. I love the smokey, earthiness. Even some blends are fantastic. I enjoy bourbon, don't get me wrong, but I don't find enough variation between a 30 dollar bottle of Knob Creek or Maker's 46 and a bottle of Bookers or Basil Haydens. At the same time Bulleit is cheap and good and Blanton's is pricey but quite good.