The only real special weapon the engineer has is the wrench, otherwise it's a plain shotgun and a pistol.

It's easy if you've got a class with a special weapon (medigun or flamethrower), but it's hard to make a shotgun "stand out"

The only real special weapon the engineer has is the wrench, otherwise it's a plain shotgun and a pistol.

It's easy if you've got a class with a special weapon (medigun or flamethrower), but it's hard to make a shotgun "stand out"

Silencer for the pistol? Or maybe an upgrade for the shotgun so that it could fire 2 rounds at the same time? Something like that would be nice.

The achievements are all, very hard lol. Most of them are just plain luck, but, I can't wait for heavy achievements anyway :p

I tend to play Sniper/Engineer or Pyro only, I totally dominate as a sniper after my COD4 years :D if anyones on the IO servers let me know :D i play 2fort mainly

^ What is you mouse sensitivity set to for playing sniper? I recently started trying to play sniper again and only have 271 in the last 28 days. Thinking my mouse may be the issue.

Silencer for the pistol? Or maybe an upgrade for the shotgun so that it could fire 2 rounds at the same time? Something like that would be nice.

I would be for the double shot shot gun. As for the pistol, they could replace it with the rail gun. I miss the rail gun for SG sniping. I killed at that in TFC.

^ What is you mouse sensitivity set to for playing sniper? I recently started trying to play sniper again and only have 271 in the last 28 days. Thinking my mouse may be the issue.

G9 no Logitech drivers, set to maximum on the game I have smooth mouse enabled and the sensitivity is nudged down two.

AJW2005 is my steam alias, feel free to add me and check my stats :D

The engineers aren't going to see weapons upgrade, they'll be seeing buildables upgrades.

level 4 sentry, level 2 dispenser, level 2 teleporter, etc.

Well, I think that was the plan anyway.

In the loadout section for the engineer It only shows his weapons. I dont think the engineer needs a level 4 sentry maybe a wrench that takes out sappers faster and repairs faster his stuff faster but does less damage to people.

I've started to perfect my spy skills as of late. IMO hardest class to master.

Finishing top of team being a spy is satisfying ;)

I think it will be some time until we get engineer achievements because, frankly speaking, they're very powerful.

What are you talking about? Engineers are weak as these days.

- everyone knows where people put sentries and how best to tackle them.

- so many more ubers

- long range demomen/soldiers

- Pyros move so quickly they can destroy sentries :p

Sentries do enough damage, they just get destroyed too easily.

What are you talking about? Engineers are weak as these days.

- everyone knows where people put sentries and how best to tackle them.

- so many more ubers

- long range demomen/soldiers

- Pyros move so quickly they can destroy sentries :p

Sentries do enough damage, they just get destroyed too easily.

But if you have a good team, you will have pyros to help cover the spies, as well as heavies who stay near the dispensers and the remainder to engage them before they can get easy shots on the SG. The airblaster is fun to launch either the medic or his target across the map when the SG shoots them.

Why would an engineer need a silencer? He isn't going around doing stealth missions (sounds better for the spy)

In the loadout section for the engineer It only shows his weapons. I dont think the engineer needs a level 4 sentry maybe a wrench that takes out sappers faster and repairs faster his stuff faster but does less damage to people.

That can be changed when they go live.

I wouldn't mind a sentry with a longer range but slower rate of fire, I just get annoyed that I can't fully cover enclosed areas because the sentry has a blind spot in a corner.

Edit: When the medic got his unlockable weapons, the medigun provided benefits just for the person he was healing and drawbacks for the medic, I wouldn't be surprised if Valve does the same with the engineer (the unlockables benefit the team, not the engineer)

What do we need to do to join the group for neowin on TF2?

Sent email to the guy running it weeks ago, heard nothing.

"gizbug" is my steam name.

I've started to perfect my spy skills as of late. IMO hardest class to master.

Finishing top of team being a spy is satisfying ;)

I agree. I suck at it. Then again, I've only played it like 15 min. lol

I agree. I suck at it. Then again, I've only played it like 15 min. lol

Few guides on youtube which are pretty decent

3 part guide -

Very fun class when you get some skills in it.

However I'll tell you something, the amount of cursing and swearing you'll do at your PC goes through the roof with the amount of bad luck you feel you have as a spy.

Nothing is worse than the random trigger happy idiots who fire shots for no reason then accidentally discover you cloaked :p

Or the people who seem to do random 180s just before you stab em.

However on the flip side nothing is more satisfying than 1 hit killing a heavy/medic combo, ruining a medics uber or annoying engineers by sapping their teleports.

Edited by Audioboxer

Or the people who seem to do random 180s just before you stab em.

The worst one is when that happens with a Pyro, and they randomly give it a blast and set you on fire (I randomly do it when walking around as well :p)

Spy is probably the most rewarding class. Probably why I have almost 150 hrs as a spy. Still doesn't come close to my Demo hrs =P

Been hitting public servers a lot lately, and I really hate coming into a team that is losing horribly, and when the other team's offense is a bunch of Pyro's with Medics. Kinda forces me to go demo, Can't enjoy going offensive Engy or Medic (since team can't muster up an offense), or spy.

The worst one is when that happens with a Pyro, and they randomly give it a blast and set you on fire (I randomly do it when walking around as well :p)

Yeah I think one of the spy upgrades should maybe be a cloaking device that has a 33% chance to not catch on fire or something.

Nothing is worse than pyros who run around firing everywhere :p

You can escape a rocket/bullet that randomly hits you (you only briefly appear), but when you're on fire it's near impossible to make a good escape.

That's one of the pyro's strenghts, spy checking. I don't suppose you guys would also want to weaken the spy's backstab as well? =P

I suppose you have to know how to maneuver around pyros as a spy =)

Near enough every time I play TF2 now, I always see a spy running around with the same name as mine lol, pretty easy to find out they are a spy lol

That's one of the pyro's strenghts, spy checking. I don't suppose you guys would also want to weaken the spy's backstab as well? =P

I suppose you have to know how to maneuver around pyros as a spy =)

Valves system needs some tweaking as it is.

Backstabs not registering at all, to facestabs registering as backstabs :wacko:

Valves system needs some tweaking as it is.

Backstabs not registering at all, to facestabs registering as backstabs :wacko:

The problem is that a backstab has a different animation and damage than a normal stab, so you can end up starting a backstab, then they turn around but it still counts as a backstab

July 29, 2008 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released (7/29/2008)

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

Fixed team switches on Attack/Defense maps spamming the console

Fixed the Kritzkrieg not working on servers with crits turned off

Fixed some clipped localized strings in various in-game dialogs

Fixed several cases where files were synchronously loaded while the game was running

Fixed a shutdown crash in the material system

Cached rendering of item model panels to improve performance, in particular while weapon selection was visible

Added a gear symbol behind the health bar for Engineer buildings, in both target IDs and freeze panels

Players killing themselves will now give a kill credit to the last enemy who damaged them

Fixed grenades, rockets, and flamethrower being able to fire through grates at round starts

Fixed players being killed and creating ragdolls during team switches

Fixed various exploits and performance problems in CP_Badlands, CP_Well, and CP_Fastlane

Removed health bonus from the Backburner

Fixing the gate glitching = awesome!

No more demo spam/pyro flame before gates open.

And hooray for the backburner health being nerfed. It was taking like 8 rockets up close from a soldier to kill a pryo, coupled with pyros taking down sgs with ease without being ubered.

Edited by Audioboxer