Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benplace

Bond two gigabit NIC cards together

8 posts in this topic

I would like to take my traffic heavy servers and trunk the two gigabit ethernet ports giving me 2 gig of bandwidth.

I have the two cards, and I have Windows server 2003 installed. Is there an easy way to do this?

Yea, thats exactly what I want to do. I have Proliant servers and a CISCO 6513

Yea, thats exactly what I want to do. I have Proliant servers and a CISCO 6513

IF the two cards are intel cards you can use the intel utilities. You would also have to set it up in the cisco switch.

We do it here . we have two intel server cards connected to a 4108 procurve switch.

Title Edited

There are a few guru's around here. Next time please use a more descriptive title.

With our Proliants, we just use the NIC management software (which HP Smartstart installs) to create a load balance 'team' with the 2 1gbps NICs. A virtual adapter is then presented to Windows at 2gbps. No changes needed on the switches.

With our Proliants, we just use the NIC management software (which HP Smartstart installs) to create a load balance 'team' with the 2 1gbps NICs. A virtual adapter is then presented to Windows at 2gbps. No changes needed on the switches.

He is right i just looked at our switches again. With our nics (two intel server nics) we just used the software that came with them no switch config neccessary . our switched automatically detected the trunk.