UT2003 - EPIC Patch (List)

Here's the original article, and below is the list of updates in this patch:

In a continuing effort to give back to the fans that have made Unreal Tournament 2003 one of the most popular multiplayer action games of the year, Epic Games and Atari have released the second official -- and completely FREE -- bonus pack for the game. The downloadable pack, which includes three new game types, 10 new maps, two new adrenaline combos, new announcer voice options and an in-game music manager, was created by Epic Games.

The first free bonus pack, created by the co-developers of Unreal Tournament 2003 -- Digital Extremes -- was released in January and included four new maps for the game. In addition, since the original release, Epic Games has released updates for the game (to version 2199), including support for demo recording; an in-game chat client; new configuration options for controls, HUD, speech, and weapons; performance and compatibility improvements; and many other upgrades.

Features within the new bonus pack include:

NEW GAMETYPES:

Mutant: The player who makes the first frag becomes the mutant and is immediately equipped with all weapons, extra ammo, invisibility, agility and berserk. However, the mutant's health slowly decreases and can only be replenished by fragging other players. Once there is a "mutant," all other players are charged with hunting him down. Points are scored only by the mutant when they frag other players. As an optional twist, the player with the lowest score becomes the BottomFeeder -- he can frag other players who are not the mutant and receive points. As soon as his score isn't the lowest, a new player becomes the BottomFeeder.

Last Man Standing: This is similar to the Last Man Standing mode in the original Unreal Tournament. Players regenerate health when they frag an opponent. If a player stands in one place for too long, they will be revealed to other players as a camper and their location will appear on all opponent's displays.

Invasion: In this game type, players band together to defend against waves of incoming monsters -- including many of the monsters from the original Unreal. Players cannot respawn if they die during a wave, but as long as one player makes it to the end of a wave alive, everyone respawns for the next wave.

NEW MAPS:

10 new maps are including, spanning all game types, including Deathmatch, Double Domination, Bombing Run and Capture the Flag. The new areas include additional textures and static meshes that can be used with the Unreal Editor. Maps include DM-IronDeity, DM-IceTomb, BR-Canyon, DOM-Junkyard, DM-Rustatorium, DM-1on1-Crash, DM-1on1-Mixer, DM-Injector, CTF-Avaris and CTF-DoubleDammage

NEW ADRENALINE COMBOS:

The two new adrenaline combos can be added using mutators:

Pint-Sized: Makes the player half their normal height (but players can no longer crouch).

Camouflage: Places a holographic projection of a static decoration over you as a disguise. The projection doesn't quite extend to your feet, so you have to crouch to be fully concealed.

OTHER NEW FEATURES

Announcer Voice Options: Several new announcer voice options are now available

Music Options: This bonus pack also includes a new OGGPlayer that gives gamers direct control over the music that is played during the game.

"If a player stands in one place for too long, they will be revealed to other players as a camper and their location will appear on all opponent's displays."

I love that. I will get my revenge on those damn campers now heh

this pack is POS

after installing it the game won't run any more

this is what i get

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-02-13_18.53]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 1700 MHz with 767MB RAM

Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 (4300)

C++/ Script class size mismatch

History: VerifyClasses <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

This sounds pretty good - is UT2003 worth getting? I'm impressed by Epic's dedication and I like arcade FPSs (still play Quake 3!). I played the demo and it was ok ... but nothing that great.

Invasion sounds cool. I don't like the idea of a camper notifiier in general, I consider camping (except spawn camping) a valid tactic - hell, it's essential in some games (definding MoH:AA objective for example). However, in Last Man Standing it should be OK to stop people just standing in a corner until there is just one, half-health opponent left.

I'd say 2003 was worth getting now, the mods are starting to come out and its had a few patches so it runs nice. Also its now fairly cheap at around ?25

Yeah, the patch requires the latest patch to be installed first (2199), and the game is definitely worth buying - I bought both UT2003 & UT2, and they both rock!

OK, you've convienced me. Now stressing my Fileplanet subscription with 2 huge downloads and I'll pick up the game today.

BTW, what's UT2?? You mean UT?

EDIT: What exactly do I need here? I'm downloading ut2003-epicbonuspackone.exe (149.7 MB) - the new bonus pack, debonus.ut2mod.zip (71.6 MB) - the previous bonus pack (right?) and ut2003-winpatch2199.exe (12.6 MB), the latest patch. Do I need all these? Any others I need?

One of the adrenaline tricks is RRRR...

Altho I heard they only work as a mutator... but I don't get that...

it's still kinda unprecise

Here's the Adrenaline commands:

LLLL = Pint-Size

RRRR = Camouflage

Pint-Size is cool, because you're half the size than originally - making it a harder aim for other.

Camouflage is very nice, once activated you can't see what you've turned into unless you go to 3rd Person Shooter, but I won the match with Camouflage on and I was a walking pillar (your feet will show, so you have to crouch down).

nekrosoft13: Don't blame the pack for your unstable PC haha. Just install the game

:angry:

yes i got the freaking patch