Photo

Which Linux Applications are you looking for?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 vetconfigure

configure

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 March 2003 - 05:15

This thread's ultimate goal to provide an assistance for you guys that needs certain Linux applications but don't know where to start looking.

In an addition, please check out "Linux Appz which are good for the job?" ( http://www.neowin.ne...ST&f=30&t=23098 ) thread in this forum as well because chances are, what you are looking for might have been listed in there.

Please always to remember to keep your questions clear and provide as much information as you can.

Configure

#2 mezz

mezz

Neowinian

Posted 21 March 2003 - 06:09

How many more pinned topic do we need more? How about create a sub forum for faq, how-to and etc only; not ask for help or something else. To keep something seprate and easier to find info by go there. That's my suggest and thought.

#3 Daem0hn

Daem0hn

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 March 2003 - 05:25

i would REALLY REALLY REALLY like Tribes 2 for linux, it was readilly avaliable when Loki was still around (for those who havent woken up to the sad reality, Loki - one of the largest Linux game manufacturers (and game porters) have gone bankrupt and thus it is hard to find some of the better titles in their once supreme collection of ported games). But just as my luck has it, when i decided i wantedd to play games on linux, Loki went broke, and i cant find any games i want anymore, (i have looked on every loki distributor (listed on thier site) and cant find Tribes 2, i tried to Wine my windows copy which hasnt yet worked (still working on it)

so in short, i would like Tribes 2 for linux, if any1 has any idea where i can get it, plz tell me, it is one of my all time favorite games!!!

#4 mr_daemon

mr_daemon

Linux rox0rz j00r b0x0rz

Posted 24 March 2003 - 02:00

I would really like an ActiveSync replacement for Linux that syncs to Evolution.

#5 Clone5k

Clone5k

Neowinian

Posted 24 March 2003 - 13:58

I would like to see an application that can work with MS Acess databases.

#6 MPH

MPH

Neowinian

Posted 24 March 2003 - 20:37

Nero for Linux or at least CloneCD for Linux

#7 MulletRobZ

MulletRobZ

Proud to be Canadian!

Posted 26 March 2003 - 23:52

WineX still needs improvement. But I do wish that some of the manufacturers make Linux versions of their software as well. Microsoft will definitely refuse, for sure.

#8 n3urotic

n3urotic

.:sTuPidFieD:.

Posted 04 April 2003 - 08:01

Is there any programs that functions like Windows Media Player/Winamp 3, has Libarary function

excluding Rhythmbox!!! Bad karma with it.

#9 Mando

Mando

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Samsung Note ICS

Posted 03 September 2006 - 23:58

Nero for Linux or at least CloneCD for Linux

you get nero for linux, your version 6 licence for windows version works with it :)

NeroLinux

Its not the complete package but gives you general nero burning capabilities.

#10 Malbojia

Malbojia

Neowinian

Posted 04 September 2006 - 00:07

Is there any programs that functions like Windows Media Player/Winamp 3, has Libarary function

excluding Rhythmbox!!! Bad karma with it.

I think amaroK and thats it. Haven't found too many G.U.I ones. Getty's though there are a few lol.

#11 karma_police

karma_police

kzn member

Posted 04 September 2006 - 17:29

You can also try Quod Libet or Listen.

#12 The_Napster

The_Napster

Neowinian

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:56

What is the linux version of Autocad?

#13 vetmarkjensen

markjensen

Linux noob since Red Hat 5.1

• Phone: Android and iPhone

Posted 02 March 2007 - 16:43

What is the linux version of Autocad?

With this thread being in "", I didn't see this post until now. There is no equivalent to AutoCAD in Linux, I am afraid. However, I have tried the free version of QCad, and it works fine for 2D work. As an engineer, I fully agree that having Autodesk support AutoCAD on Linux is a BIG item.

I'm looking for install CrossOffice on Ubuntu.. tried many times and fail :(

This is a technical problem. Best to post this in the regular support forum. :yes:
If this is purchased version, it comes with support from Codeweavers. If this is the free version without support, it still shouldn't be difficult. Perhaps someone with experience can help.

#14 mediator

mediator

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 17 April 2007 - 17:26

I need full fledged "Fruity Loops" for Linux.

#15 devilotX

devilotX

Administrator of ICVDForums.com

Posted 17 April 2007 - 19:05

I need an enterprise manager clone for the manual editing of tables in a MS SQL database, that is the only program that hinders my utter and complete migration to Linux at work :(