Which Linux Applications are you looking for?

Anyone know an alternative to GifSplitter? I want an easy way to extract all the frames of an animated gif.

GIMP can do that.

If you are not adverse to the command line, a quick and easy way to do this would be like:

convert source.gif +adjoin frame.gif

More detail and options here: http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/anim_basics/#adjoin

• 1 month later...

Is there a good web development application? Something like Dreamweaver.

I am not too bothered about the WYSIWYG editor, but i need the code highlights, remote/local tree view, synchronisation and preferably code formatting option.

Parents use ubuntu and need a formatting application as they don't use the terminal at all. Please recommend a good app for this! :D

Oh man I can't believe I forgot about gparted, but still that isn't the most simplest of programs for my nooby parents, if there are any other apps please tell me

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Oh man I can't believe I forgot about gparted, but still that isn't the most simplest of programs for my nooby parents, if there are any other apps please tell me

Are you sure you want nooby parents playing round with their partitions?

• 1 year later...

i am looking for an alternative for convertxtodvd that converts video files to the dvd format files and one that is easy. also which one would be good to resize a windows partition and make the linux partition larger without screwing up windows or linux, also i need an app that can autobackup stuff at certain times that i set so i don't have to do it manualy. also an archive that will would allow me to easily make archives? thanks.

i am looking for an alternative for convertxtodvd that converts video files to the dvd format files and one that is easy.
Dunno.
also which one would be good to resize a windows partition and make the linux partition larger without screwing up windows or linux
gparted. But, just as with any partition-modifying app, make a good backup FIRST. ;)
also i need an app that can autobackup stuff at certain times that i set so i don't have to do it manualy.

sbackup?

also an archive that will would allow me to easily make archives? thanks.
:blink: I right-click, and there is an option for me to create an archive right in the context menu. What is your setup that you don't have this?

Dunno.

gparted. But, just as with any partition-modifying app, make a good backup FIRST. ;)

sbackup?

:blink: I right-click, and there is an option for me to create an archive right in the context menu. What is your setup that you don't have this?

ubuntu 10.4 lucid lynx 64bit is my setup. i'm still new to linux as i only been fully using it for around 3 weeks.

i am looking for an alternative for convertxtodvd that converts video files to the dvd format files and one that is easy

I guess you could try DeVeDe or ManDVD. Not sure how easy they are or how they compare to the app you use on Windows.