Photo

Which Linux Applications are you looking for?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 LeviS LoVEr

LeviS LoVEr

Neowinian

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:50

when i run some windows app in wine it is always slow.. that should be improved ..

#62 soldier1st

soldier1st

Software Tester/Tech/Linux Lover

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Incredible S

Posted 21 June 2010 - 19:30

i am looking for an alternative for convertxtodvd that converts video files to the dvd format files and one that is easy. also which one would be good to resize a windows partition and make the linux partition larger without screwing up windows or linux, also i need an app that can autobackup stuff at certain times that i set so i don't have to do it manualy. also an archive that will would allow me to easily make archives? thanks.

#63 vetmarkjensen

markjensen

Linux noob since Red Hat 5.1

• Phone: Android and iPhone

Posted 22 June 2010 - 00:19

i am looking for an alternative for convertxtodvd that converts video files to the dvd format files and one that is easy.

Dunno.

also which one would be good to resize a windows partition and make the linux partition larger without screwing up windows or linux

gparted. But, just as with any partition-modifying app, make a good backup FIRST. ;)

also i need an app that can autobackup stuff at certain times that i set so i don't have to do it manualy.

sbackup?

also an archive that will would allow me to easily make archives? thanks.

:blink: I right-click, and there is an option for me to create an archive right in the context menu. What is your setup that you don't have this?

#64 GenBlood

GenBlood

Neowinian

Posted 22 June 2010 - 00:28

A way to play blu-ray movies ... Maybe a plugin for vlc that would let you
play blu-ray disks.

#65 soldier1st

soldier1st

Software Tester/Tech/Linux Lover

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Incredible S

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:51

Dunno.

gparted. But, just as with any partition-modifying app, make a good backup FIRST. ;)

sbackup?

:blink: I right-click, and there is an option for me to create an archive right in the context menu. What is your setup that you don't have this?

ubuntu 10.4 lucid lynx 64bit is my setup. i'm still new to linux as i only been fully using it for around 3 weeks.

#66 Syanide

Syanide

From here to infirmary.

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:37

i am looking for an alternative for convertxtodvd that converts video files to the dvd format files and one that is easy

I guess you could try DeVeDe or ManDVD. Not sure how easy they are or how they compare to the app you use on Windows.