new deus ex2 screens

Eidos was kind enough to send along six new screenshots (3 PC, 3 Xbox) from Dues Ex: Invisible War. The shots were taken from ION Storm's Game Developers Conference presentation that took place earlier this month in San Jose, California. Check them out (we've marked them so you'll know which is which and what is what) below, and then visit the game's official site below for further details.

Source and screens

edit

almost forgot

here is an interview

deus ex = best game ever

edit: just checked the screens, the gfx looks great but the screens are at a very crappy quality

Am i right in guessing that Deus EX 2 is only for Xbox and PC?

as far as I know there's a ps2 version planned for a future

What gfx engine is this? It was rumoured to be Doom 3's engine, is it confirmed?

where you heard this rumor?

its an official statement that they are using the newest unreal engine :yes:

I can see why he mentioned the Doom III engine...the shadows and graphics are similar to Doom III...

yeah, somehow they are pretty similar but IMO the Doom 3 engine looks better

It's a highly modified version of the Unreal engine. Very little is left of the Unreal engine they've modified it so much, in fact.

[saint dark] -- No PS2 version. Only XBox and PC. I've seen no mention anywhere of a PS2 version, even in interviews.

The HUD for it looks good, but there's no screenshots of it online, unfortunately.

God! Deus Ex 2 looks so crap, just like the first one.

What is it with them making all the shading unbearably DARK?!

because the plot need to be in night, why? because their augmentations they cant go outside at day... you need to play the first one to understand that, thats why JC use sunglasses at night.

BTW, id doesnt looks like cracp, you dont like it, then move along

,Mar 22 2003, 18:36]
God! Deus Ex 2 looks so crap, just like the first one.

What is it with them making all the shading unbearably DARK?!

because the plot need to be in night, why? because their augmentations they cant go outside at day... you need to play the first one to understand that, thats why JC use sunglasses at night.

BTW, id doesnt looks like cracp, you dont like it, then move along

Well said.

is this the old Unreal engine or Unreal warefair?

Go to the front of the topic ;) lol

It's the latest build of the Unreal Warefare (which is what UII/U2K3/UC used) engine.

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot wait until DX2 is released..... I have been following this since they annouced it and Im so ready for it to come out. :argue:

:jump: