How to turn the speaker volume up for headphones?

My volume is at max, yet i can still hardly hear anything on my headphones (both of them)\

is there any way to make the volume higher than the "max" in windows little volume app?

where are you connecting your headphones to?

aux? out? speakers?

connecting to out

the volume is too low for almost anything i listen to

mebe u tried this already but..control panel>sound and audio devices>under the volume tab..click on advance..under speakers tab change ur speaker setup to ehadphones and see if that helps.

what type of card do you have ? is the audio cable going from the cdrom drive if that is your source? its possible the card you may have if its older is not amplified . Some cards needed amplified speakers in order to produce sound otherwise maybe faulty headphones

im trynig to listen to mp3s or video audio on my pc, but its soo soft..

headphones arent the problem, ive had the same result with 3 different ones

Can you clarify the situation? Are you plugging both your headphones and your speakers into the soundcard? Like the speaker into the normal sound output port and the headphones into the line-out port?

Because that situation tends to reduce the volume/quality of the sound for most hardware.

If so, try getting a 2-port adapter and plugging it into the normal sound output port, then both your speakers and your headphones into that. (ie: Don't use the line-out and the normal sound port together). Using the 2-port adapter does not cause volume loss.

i have the same problem with my MS game voice and SB live! though my speakers everything is fine but as soon as a switch to my headset i have to turn the vol all the way up

Can you clarify the situation? Are you plugging both your headphones and your speakers into the soundcard? Like the speaker into the normal sound output port and the headphones into the line-out port?

Because that situation tends to reduce the volume/quality of the sound for most hardware.

If so, try getting a 2-port adapter and plugging it into the normal sound output port, then both your speakers and your headphones into that. (ie: Don't use the line-out and the normal sound port together). Using the 2-port adapter does not cause volume loss.

no, im putting headphones right into the pc jack

as it was stated above, you'll probably need to amplify the sound using an external amp. You probably had no problems with the speakers cuz they have a built in amp (im presuming) but a headset doesnt. So tahts the only way to go about it, you need an amp to amplify the sound. Either that or you gotta switch back to your speakers.

I had the same problem too, except I got mine to get a little louder, but I just turned the volume up, and changed speaker profile. I think if you use a headphone jack, instead of an audio out jack, that would fix the problem, but I dont know that for sure. Does anyone know if that is right??

If you are plugged into the "front out" or whatever on your sound card then you need to change your speaker style in the control panel... if you are in the front of the cdrom there should be a volume knob there for you...