EVE Beta Test...

If you like watching paint dry, you will like this game. It takes far too long to get fun having to spend hours and days mining just to get some cash. Maybe now that the missions are working, it might be a little better.

I also got invitied. I downloaded the 400MB install and was disappointed. Admittedly, I didn't spend alot of time playing it yet, but my initial impression was thumbs down...

athlon xp 1.6ghz+gf4 4600+512mb

it run good. right after start i get about 35fps..after a while becuase of memory/process leaks it drops down to like 9/5fps at while point i restart the game.

the game is NOT boring. YOU make it boring. there's alot to do, alot of things to explore. seems like everybody who diss this game didn't have enough brains to get pass the mining :(

they want me to preorder the game so i can get my beta. No way, I dont want to buy the real copy... just want to test.

yea same deal for me, i finally get to beta test somethin and i gotta pay for it :(

Did any of you guys play X : BTF?

I'm just downloading the beta now, and want to put your opinions into perspective, how does this game compaire to X and Elite, as it is atm.

I just played EVE for a bit this weekend and so far it sucks. all I can figure out is that you mine and sell it and get upgrades for your ship. Sounds pretty lame.

obvious that's not all the game is about

you can build stuff, you can research stuff, you can trade stuff, you can hunt, you can manage your own corporation, you can build ships and resell them.

there's alot to do.

on the other hand it's good that all the lazy noobs will be filtered out by mining.