My first trial with Ubuntu 9.04

Personally I just dislike Gnome full stop, KDE has a lot more polish and functionality, it is however a little less n00b friendly

Yes, I prefer KDE as well. 4.3 is very slick. However, Gnome always seems to work better.

I said his complaints about color were ridiculous to compare to code quality.
I said "software", not code quality. Software includes all assets such as default colors if applicable, not just code.

Anyway, let's move on.

And I dislike both Gnome and KDE, preferring the simplicity of Fluxbox. No compiz. No icons. No "start" button. Just fire up and use.

And what I like most about Linux is that Linux can be basic fluxbox for me. And absolute minimal text mode for someone else running a server or torrent machine. And sickening eye-candy compiz/Gnome for those who like that stuff.

I am not interested in compiz or anything like that it has nowhere near the polish of Aero, and for me actually ruins the UI, but I like advanced configuration from GUI based applications, and that is something I feel KDE caters to. I hate overuse of any command line, and I just find gnome too simplistic.