Flashpoint 2 Theatres

Codemasters Command Centre

Newsflash

Breaking Flashpoint 2 news ?

Just had some breaking news, once again, regarding Operation Flashpoint 2. I thought I would send out a little mail to those interested about it, as my newsletter isn?t due out for another week and I just couldn?t wait to tell everyone the good news.

So what is this news???? Well we have finally decided to put everyone out of their misery and tell them the locations of the new Theatres of conflict. Yep you heard right, Theatres!!!

A lot of speculation has been thrown towards the Vietnam Camp and yes, these rumours have been partially correct, but on top of that (Vietnam Theatre) we will have settings in Central Europe and in Africa, all based in and around the 1970?s.

More details will follow next week in the new edition of CCC, including news on IGI 2?s two new maps, and Battlefield Command?s Q&A Session with the Senior Game Designer.

Mike

Thanks for the news Mike. As a HUGE fan of the original (greatest game ever made imo) I am pleased to see Codemasters has decided to stick with modern war conflicts. I hope they do not deviate too much from the original in terms of playability. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Posted in Gamers News

.... As a HUGE fan of the original (greatest game ever made imo)...

No offense, but greatest game ever? I wouldn't even give it best PC game, ever, let alone for the year it was released...

I loved Flashpoint. I think it is one of the *best* FPS games on the PC ever. I like the stategic part and it makes me a heck of a lot less dizzy than playing SOF, Quake because you're not in a closed environment.

You can use cheap tactics to win, like driving for 5 minutes, getting a helicopter and taking out the SCUD launcher but its still really fun. And the story line actually drew me into the game.

but they will stick with VBS1 (virtual battle sytem 1 ) so we could might as well download the Vietnam mod v2 :(

What makes you say that they will stick with VBS1? They're writing a new engine and using code that's worth keeping from OFP1/VBS1 for compatibility sake. They've already said that indoor clipping will be fixed, new lighting and effects using DX9 shaders added, improved physics, multiple gun positions on all vehicles, improved AI and more units available, maps of basically unlimited size.

I just doubt it will actually be out in 2004 on schedule. :(

No offense, but greatest game ever? I wouldn't even give it best PC game, ever, let alone for the year it was released...

It all comes down to opinion doesn't it? And I did say that in my above post. Douche... :rolleyes:

Ok they just lost a buyer :angry:

Curious as to why you wouldn't like the game. There will be more variety with multiple theatres and the 2nd generation engine.

You could always wait for a demo or review before making such a radical decision ;)

It all comes down to opinion doesn't it? And I did say that in my above post. Douche... :rolleyes:

Perhaps if you weren't inferring so much, you would have noticed that I never insulted your opinion nor said it was not an opinion. Why do people have to be so dumb? :rolleyes:

*chuckles* Whatever man. lol

Curious as to why you wouldn't like the game. There will be more variety with multiple theatres and the 2nd generation engine.

Yeah. I am curious to see what Codemasters comes up with. I am concerned they will take away from what makes the first so successful. Great game play, and strategic realism. An updated graphics engine would certainly be nice. It is quite dated now by today's standards but then, visuals are certainly not everything as many other games in the past have shown.

strategic realism.

:yes: one of the best war games of all time for this point alone, not to mention to gameplay. A little hard but a lot of fun if you can get past the first few levels.