Novus, formerly known as Emendo, is a visual style for Windows XP and the successor to Watercolor Emico: Blue.
Before using this theme, you’ll need to patch a system file which is called UXTheme.dll
UXTender allows you to do this. All you have to do is download the patcher and run it.
When that's done, you'll need to place the folder caleld "Novus" in "C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes".
There's a choise between a style with the userpicture and one without. The 2 styles can be found on the "Color combination" dropdown menu.
This visual style also comes with 3 font choices as seen in the teaser image. These choices can be found in the "Font size" dropdown menu.
For personal use only.
Please ask before doing so.
If you find a bug, please report them. Before doing so, try to see and think why the bug occurs. Does it only happen in 1 application? Does it happen when you change a setting in Windows?
v1.0.4 - 30-07-2009:
• Fixed font size for Calibri in the main style.
v1.0.3 - 26-07-2009:
• Fixed toolbar button alignements in Internet Explorer.
v1.0.2 - 27-07-2009:
• Fixed toolbar buttons.
• Added "Undock computer" button to the startpanel.
• Swapped Verdana with Segoe UI.
• Changed Calibri font size from 10px to 9px.
v1.0.1 - 26-07-2009:
• Fixed startbutton in Calibri substyle.
Wallpaper which I used for the teaser image: Fransisca by Julie Koesmarno
• Could you make a substyle with a startbutton which doesn't have the text?
- No, the startbutton design simply doesn't look as good without the text. I also don't want to go beyond 2 substyles.
• Are you still going to release that black version? Or any other color mod?
- No, I'm considering this visual style my last one until further notice. I'm also quite bored of this style since I'm working on this for 2 years if you include Emico. Instead of making visual styles, I'm gonna make mockups and concepts and share them on deviantART.
• I wanted to ask if you're planning to port this visual style to Windows 7.
- No, this visual style is designed to be used with Windows XP. Also, I'm quote bored of working on this style for so long so I bassicly want to design new stuff. If I am going to make a visual style for Windows 7, expect it to be nothing like Emico or Novus. If you'd like to port this to Windows 7 or you know someone who'd like to port this to Windows 7, please let them contact me so that I can provide them with original source files.
• I've found a bug in Internet Explorer. The buttons on web pages appear very small when I use your visual style. Is this possible to fix?
- I haven't got a clue why this is happening. However, here's what you can do to "fix" this: Go into "Internet Options" and then click on the "Advanced" tab. Find the option called "Enable visual styles on buttons and controls in webpages" and disable this option.
Edited by Capric0rn, 11 August 2009 - 10:30.