Windows 7 Taskbar bug

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46 K.John

K.John

Dev

• Phone: Windows Phone 8

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:26

Worst solution ever? Everyone knows that kills off some system tray icons too and you'd have to restart those programs as well to get it appearing again in the tray.

No it doesn't. What kind of applications are these?

#47 hdood

hdood

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:28

No it doesn't. What kind of applications are these?

It's not uncommon for programs to fail to re-add their icons if Explorer crashes.

#48 Lazure

Lazure

Neowinian

Posted 02 August 2010 - 14:05

Um... I've had plenty of system tray icons get lost any time explorer crashes. It's a moot point anyways, because I already gave you guys a solution that doesn't involve killing explorer or rebooting and thus far far simpler.

#49 MindTooth

MindTooth

Neowinian Mega Star

Posted 23 December 2010 - 00:18

This happens from time to time. Just Shift+RightClick the button to bring up the classic context menu and then click away. It'll fix itself. No need to kill explorer or reboot or anything drastic like that.

Thank you :) That solved this annoying bug.

Its quite astonishing that Microsoft hasn't been able to provide a fix. Windows 7 were released over a year ago.

#50 Code149

Code149

Neowinian

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:15

Haven't noticed such a thing.The only close 'bug' I have noticed since day one of Windows 7 is when you have more than one instance of an application open and hovering the mouse over between the application's task bar buttons doesn't look smooth, no fade-ins/outs.

#51 jbrooksuk

jbrooksuk

Beta meta.

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:24

I get it from time to time.

Usually just clicking the tab removes it.

#52 foxx1337

foxx1337

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 22 August 2011 - 17:30

Whenever it happens, shift + right click on entry on the taskbar (so the old context menu comes up) and then click elsewhere so the menu closes and the hover effect will correct itself.

I have created this account to say THANK YOU!

(happens for me mostly when connecting and disconnecting through Remote Desktop, had it happen on Vista, 2008 Server, 7 and 2008 Server R2)

#53 Jaex

Jaex

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 19 November 2011 - 00:52

Whenever it happens, shift + right click on entry on the taskbar (so the old context menu comes up) and then click elsewhere so the menu closes and the hover effect will correct itself.

I created this account for thank to you too :)

#54 zomgwtfbbq

zomgwtfbbq

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 28 July 2012 - 17:07

You'll be surprised to know that this bug has managed to creep its way into Windows 8 as well. And I am talking about Windows 8 Release Preview Build 8400.

......Jesus.

#55 war

war

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:04

Crazy how this still is not fixed even in Win8 RTM.

ugh!

#56 PiMPiN

PiMPiN

.:[10 Year Veteran]:.

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:32

I've had it happen too, just figured it was Microsoft's Desktop Window Manager eating all my video resources again, lol

#57 stoneminer02

stoneminer02

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 27 November 2012 - 15:55

If you mean that if you take your mouse on a program open and then off it and then it stands like you has the mouse on it but not have so just Hold RSHIFT+RIGHT-CLICK the program so has been stuck and then it be fixed and it has to get that bug later if you has a slow computer and opens programs so need more of ur computer (like smart notebook v. x) so it makes ur computer to bug that so just do this!
:omg: It worked for me :omg:
Please reply if this worked!

:woot: ~ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ © stone © ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ~ :woot: